DIY game bags

peterk1234

Anyone do it using a lightweight breathable material? If so what did you use and how do you like it?

I used pillowcases until I bought a shitload of cheap cottons ones for like $1.50/pack of two on the sale rack at Walmart. They are thinner material and have a draw string.

Pillowcases are fine.

Pillow cases are great and cheap. It's all I carry in my pack, not sure how I make it 10miles in with all of that weight😝

Amazon has knock off game bags for $20-30 for the entire set. Synthetic material. Thats all I've ever used. Wash them in hot water and use them again. Some of them are really big, like they are made for alaska moose but they work fine. I doubt you could make them much cheaper.

My grandmother use to buy muslin and make the deer bags extra big and long. Could cover a whole deer carcass easy. Don't remember how it did with the elk.
If making your own just for hanging buy muslin and have at it.

I picked up some of these Orange Aglow bags earlier this year. I got the Deer Bone-In set and they worked really well. I think they're every bit as nice as my Caribou Gear bags. They're on sale pretty good right now. Sounds like they're doing a little product redesign and looking to clear out the old stock.
For the price, I'd skip the DIY idea and just get something that works.

Just buy them, $8 on camofire today
I have them. I enjoy sewing hunting and camping related items. And with some of the incredible materials at our disposal I was hoping somebody had done it. Ultra light, very strong and breathable.

Amazon has knock off game bags for $20-30 for the entire set. Synthetic material. Thats all I've ever used. Wash them in hot water and use them again. Some of them are really big, like they are made for alaska moose but they work fine. I doubt you could make them much cheaper.

Those sound awesome by the description…
IMG_2926.pngIMG_2927.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back