DIY Flooded timber hunt

bennett454

Just wondering if anyones every done a Arkansas flooded timber hunt on there own? What were your experiences from what i read the public ground gets crowded but I think that be easily solved with a proper map and few extra days to learn the area. I did see Arkansas has lots of public ground manged for waterfowl. If you have any pics post them as well.

Thanks
Scott

Yep public ground can get crowded but there's always room for one more.

In my opinion a dog is a must for ethical reasons.Unlike field shooting,where recovery of down birds is relativity easy it can be almost impossible in flooded timber.

You dragging a boat all the way from Pennsylvania? You wont have much of a hunt if you are only able to hunt what you can access by foot.

In my opinion one of the prettiest sights in the world is a flock of Greenheads ''Cupped'' dropping down through the tree tops.Hope you are able to make this hunt come together and if you have anymore questions just ask.

Yes we'd be bringing a boat I guess that brings up another question what's the ideal boat for moving around in the timber? We have a 10' flat bottom and a sixteen footer which is what I thought would work best. Also have a canoe but wasn't planning on using it

16 footer will be more stable IMO.Plan on shallow water(spare prop). A lock on tree stand is handy too,gives you a platform to keep stuff dry.Movement in your decoys is everything in timber,think jerk strings.Call less and yank those strings!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back