Digital Cameras

danr55

I've been looking for a good.. no a great digital camera for a long time. I've found what I believe to be the best compromise of cost and quality. The Fuji S5000 digital is great. Mine cost about $260 and has 10X optical zoom and 2.2X digital zoom. The photos below are taken from the same spot using only the 10X optical zoom.. This is Fish Creek Crossing on the Apache Trail..

Dscf0102.sized.jpg

Dscf0103.sized.jpg

By the way, if anyone is interested, my Panasonic Palm Cam is for sale with all the bells and whistles. Cost $475.00 I'm asking $175.00 with two batteries, a charger, two ea.120MB disks.

:cool:

Have fun with the camera. I did myself a favor and turned the digital zoom off of my camera...totally worthless really.

Nice pictures Dan. That is some awesome country you have down there, but where is all the white stuff that goes along with winter? ;) :cool:

Well, I guess if you want white stuff I can give you some. I thought you would have had enough up there in the National Refrigerator.

Dscf0041.sized.jpg

Be sure to look past the arms of the cactus.. That's Four Peaks in the background with snow covering the top..

Dscf0082.sized.jpg

This is the road that goes to Hawley Lake.. on the White Mountain Reservation.. Plenty of snow there..

Dan, how many megapixels? I've got an Olympus with a 10x optical zoom, but it's only 2.1 mp's. Seems to be ok though, but then I haven't tried printing anything bigger then 5x7.

WH, It's a 3.2 Mp camera. The finest resolution setting has to be compressed to print 8X10s. When you compress digital pictures, the resolution improves.

:cool:

thats what I love about Arizona you can go skiing in the morning and a short drive later go golfing in the afternoon

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back