Rank order of importance for a video cam.....audio vs zoom vs USB charging....or can I get all three without breaking the bank?

What ever you get for a camera, you may want to take it out and get used to it before your hunt (scouting). You may find out what capabilities your equipment has before trying to capture the hunt. I would hate to see you blow a hard earned opportunity fighting with camera equipment when you have a decent firearm shot. If you do get video, good or bad, I would love to see it. It takes a lot of talent and experience to put together a good hunt video. You have to start somewhere.

What ever you get for a camera, you may want to take it out and get used to it before your hunt (scouting). You may find out what capabilities your equipment has before trying to capture the hunt. I would hate to see you blow a hard earned opportunity fighting with camera equipment when you have a decent firearm shot. If you do get video, good or bad, I would love to see it. It takes a lot of talent and experience to put together a good hunt video. You have to start somewhere.
Thanks. I do plan on lots of scouting trips in July and August. My hope is to share some footage from the scouting with the goat biologist as well as those on HuntTalk who've been helping me elevate my game. Wasn't really planning on this evolution from meat hunting to high country cinematograhunter to happen this year. Still in the early years of a new business so not a lot of money to throw around, but my time is mine so in that respect the timing is perfect!

Looks like a great camcorder to capture all the excitement. If you get an extra quick release shoe that fits your spotting scope tripod you can swap back and forth between spotter and camera quickly and easily. Keeping the camera on a tripod as much as possible will greatly increase the quality of your footage.

Looks like a great camcorder to capture all the excitement. If you get an extra quick release shoe that fits your spotting scope tripod you can swap back and forth between spotter and camera quickly and easily. Keeping the camera on a tripod as much as possible will greatly increase the quality of your footage.
Thank for the pro tip.

Thanks to this forum I was able to capture the following video while scouting goats this weekend. This was done with a used Panasonic HVC750...came out back in 2014. Bought it for $225 on ebay. Using a tripod with the built in microphone. Weather was obviously calm. Check out the zoom about half way through the video. The tripod really is critical with digital zoom. I'm not a fan of it when handheld but worked well here.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back