Diesel programmers and exhaust

I’ve had it installed for a day and I think it would’ve been money better spent to just go ahead and buy a tune. It makes a noticeable difference in the driving RPM range but off idle it’s still sluggish. I can’t tell the difference between the city and sports modes. Also it doesn’t work with the cruise on which a tune would.
Thanks for that. My truck dude is on vaca with his family & I'm on his list to discuss next week when he returns. I've been lurking a few forums but most of it is over my head.

Epa defeating devices are basically extinct. I got my stuff the year before the crackdown started. Didn't want to delete but the cold destroyed destroyed def system. I believe they are making epa compliant tunes now.

If you do find the stuff to delete keep your old system on hand in case you need a new ecm/ecu and have to get a new factory flash put on it.

Thanks for that. My truck dude is on vaca with his family & I'm on his list to discuss next week when he returns. I've been lurking a few forums but most of it is over my head.
So I had it on ECO for the trip out to CO and while it wasn’t working with the cruise on it did as soon as I hit the brake. So getting back up to speed was in Eco mode. On average I had via math 17 - 17.8 MPG at fill ups. My computer has me at 16.8 overall since the beginning.

So I had it on ECO for the trip out to CO and while it wasn’t working with the cruise on it did as soon as I hit the brake. So getting back up to speed was in Eco mode. On average I had via math 17 - 17.8 MPG at fill ups. My computer has me at 16.8 overall since the beginning.
My 2014 F250 with a 6.7 got 16.2 to Wyoming and back pulling a small trailer. 12k winch up front and 2” leveling kit dropped it from 18 mpg. This is a bone stock motor. Guess I need to be pretty happy with it.
Gets 13-14 with a 40’ 5th wheel.

My 2014 F250 with a 6.7 got 16.2 to Wyoming and back pulling a small trailer. 12k winch up front and 2” leveling kit dropped it from 18 mpg. This is a bone stock motor. Guess I need to be pretty happy with it.
Gets 13-14 with a 40’ 5th wheel.

We just got back today and with the hills and side roads we were right at 16.5 there and back. Once we picked up the camper I reset everything and we were getting around 10 running 70-75 back from Omaha.

I pull a 43’, 20,000 lb fifth wheel with my stock 2016 F350 DRW. At best on flat roads in FL I get about 10 mpg. That’s with proper tire inflation, etc. in the mountains of GA get about 9 mpg towing. But it pulls it with no problems.

Non-towing I get about 16 mpg.

So I bit the bullet and bought a H&S mini Mac and did a complete exhaust. Having the truck programmed is way better than the pedal commander. I highly recommend it over the stock settings.

A word of caution is they still sell H&S but the company has been out of business for a while and there is no support. I would skip them and do EFI live. It’s more money but you get support if you need it.

So I bit the bullet and bought a H&S mini Mac and did a complete exhaust. Having the truck programmed is way better than the pedal commander. I highly recommend it over the stock settings.

A word of caution is they still sell H&S but the company has been out of business for a while and there is no support. I would skip them and do EFI live. It’s more money but you get support if you need it.
I must have missed your response to my post, otherwise id have pointed that out my bad.

Did a cold air induction box & filter. Scrapped the enhanced module…I’m ok with throttle performance as opposed to the risks and pita of defeating the oem gizmo.

I had an H&S tuner for years in my Cummins, and it really came alive with some custom tunes from Anarchy Deisel. The main bad point was the tuner didn’t survive being on my dash over a hot Texas summer. Melted the front bezel and it all fell apart.

I had an H&S tuner for years in my Cummins, and it really came alive with some custom tunes from Anarchy Deisel. The main bad point was the tuner didn’t survive being on my dash over a hot Texas summer. Melted the front bezel and it all fell apart.
I wondered about that, decided to just disconnected mine after the tune was uploaded. I’m not a fan of things stuck to the window.

Did a cold air induction box & filter. Scrapped the enhanced module…I’m ok with throttle performance as opposed to the risks and pita of defeating the oem gizmo.
I will say the amount of soot and grime built up in the intake from the EGR system and 150k was a lot. I ended up using a lot of brushes and solvent to clean it back out. First time your emissions light comes on delete it. Your engine will thankyou.

Also anyone upgrading exhaust, the MBRP quiet tone muffler is nice but you need to run a 30” resonator with it to kill any droning in the cab. Tried towing with it and it was miserable. Put a FTE resonator with it and it improved greatly. Wife still wasn’t happy so I ended up with a diamond eye muffler and it’s as quite as what it was stock.

I wish you the best of luck. My truck is a 2013 and I love getting over 700 miles on my 28 gallon tank. I’m about to replace injectors and I’m going with 30 overs which increase mpg as well. diesel performance is something I wish I almost wish I never got started in.

Even with EFI live it’s pretty tough to find decent tunes anymore. Almost everything is emissions compliant so you have to leave all the junk on the truck.

Look into unlimited diesel. No tuner to keep installed, flash and go and 200 bucks more gets you the unlimited support pack. They have the H&S, EFI LIVE, and EZ Lynk. I went EZ Lynk. Went from 16.5 on Paper the 18.7 on paper with empty 2013 2500HD Duramax. Haven’t got to try it with the camp trailer yet, but the way it feels, I’m sure I’ll be happy. Runs great.

Look into unlimited diesel. No tuner to keep installed, flash and go and 200 bucks more gets you the unlimited support pack. They have the H&S, EFI LIVE, and EZ Lynk. I went EZ Lynk. Went from 16.5 on Paper the 18.7 on paper with empty 2013 2500HD Duramax. Haven’t got to try it with the camp trailer yet, but the way it feels, I’m sure I’ll be happy. Runs great.
That’s about what I got on the dash after the H&S tune. But I’ve only drove 70-80 miles since. I haven’t had it done long enough to do it on paper. I topped it off today for the first time to see what she will get.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back