PEAX Equipment

Dick Cheney on Military matters

BuzzH

Dick Cheney said this in August of 2000:

"A commander in chief leads the military built by those who came before him. There is little that he or his defense secretary can do to improve the force they have to deploy. It is all the work of the previous administration. Decisions made today shape the force of tomorrow. When the first gulf war ended the first thing I did was to place a call to California, and say thank you to President Ronald Reagan."

Huh???

I thought Clinton "gutted" the military?

Seems to me that Shrub and Richard had enough confidence in Clintons military to not only wage war on Afghanistan, but also Iraq.

Somebody is lying...

Quote -When the first gulf war ended the first thing I did was to place a call to California, and say thank you to President Ronald Reagan."

Huh???

I thought Clinton "gutted" the military? End quote

Clinton was President after Bush, Sr. won the first Gulf War. He had not yet had his chance to gut the military.

Quote - Seems to me that Shrub and Richard had enough confidence in Clintons military to not only wage war on Afghanistan, but also Iraq. - End Quote

Yes, but as said above - they had no choice. It was the only military they had.

[ 08-22-2004, 22:38: Message edited by: Calif. Hunter ]

Cali, I think you missed the point of Cheneys quote. Cheney made the call to Reagan (supposedly) after the first gulf war thanking him for the great job he did with the military.

I was pointing out the fact that Cheney is singing songs of praise for Reagan, but seems pretty quiet on any praise for Clinton and his military that has had great success in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because, according to Cheney all the praise should be given to the previous administration.

Do you suppose Cheney will be giving Clinton the same phone call he did Reagan????

For a gutted military, Shrub and Cheney sure have an awful lot of confidence in it.

BuzzH,

Have you heard Al Franken's little jab at Wolfowitz on this? Franken was at some function and he ran into Wolfowitz in a hallway and asked how Wolfowitz thought Clintons Military performed in Afghanistan. Wolfowitz told him F off.

Here is my question if Clinton gets the credit for the Military of the previous eight years shouldn't he also get the blame for the lack of intel the CIA was gathering in the lead up to 9-11? Doesn't seem like you can have it both way.

Nemont

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back