Detroit walleye bite is on!

I assume you're talking about gold. Gold always seems to trick 'em into biting!

I assume you're talking about gold. Gold always seems to trick 'em into biting!

Pumpkin chartreuse is what I think it's actually called. That's what we caught everything on today. Pimp Daddy is purple and chartreuse with fleck. It was good last week.

I don't think we've ever used gold on the big water here in Michigan. It's always been black, blue and silver, orange and brown, or some combination of purple and green.

Nice fish!
A buddy of mine lives in the Detroit area, he's been sending me pics daily of them slaying the walleye, ridiculous.

Nice fish!
A buddy of mine lives in the Detroit area, he's been sending me pics daily of them slaying the walleye, ridiculous.

Thanks! Yeah, the past week has been wild. Key has been hitting the water at 5 or earlier. 3/4 of our fish have been caught before twilight. Sun comes up, wind comes up, the river turns over and they fall off the cliff into 50+ foot of water.

IMG_20200512_154811441.jpg

Four more to likely wrap up the spring run for us. Boated 9 total today. It's been an exceptional year. Missed out on the 8-10lb picture and release fish full of eggs that hit the river early due to the 'rona motorboat ban.

Little wonky today, had a couple cold nights the last few and the river had dropped almost 7 degrees from last week. Still picking them up really early, and they shut off pretty much right at sunup. Picked up a couple in deeper water before throwing in the towel around 11.

Time to start looking for morels before we start bouncing crawlers in Erie for walleye again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back