Yeti GOBOX Collection

Deposit info for hog hunt

Calif. Hunter

I've also posted this on the original topic. Send $100 deposit to Charles Snyder, 1707 Limekiln Road, Hollister, CA 95023. That leaves a balance of $100 for the hunt and $100 if you get a hog. The 3-bedroom 2-bath cabin sleeps at least 6 and there are bunkbeds on the porch...it will be hot in July. There should be room for everyone who has expressed an interest...the more the merrier! :D The hunt is July 26th - 28th, arrival anytime after noon on Friday.

Post a note on here when you send a check so we can keep track of who's going!

Coyotes and ground squirrels (he says he's got thousands of sage rats) are free!

If I win a few bass tourny's I am in.. but you know me I wont know till the last min.. if they have room I will see what I can do....
How far is the delta from this place?

Delw

Del - Three or four hours, depending on what part of the delta. Where are you going? I used to live in Suisun City and Fairfield. The Stockton area is a little closer. Are you just talking in general to combine some fishing, or going someplace specific? We used to catch some nice stripers and sturgeon when we lived there and I had a boat.

Yes .. always wanted to fish the tournaments on the delta.. I dont know where they start at..... Only lakes a bass fish in anymore are the az desert lakes they get old after a while.. I want to fish someplace that has cat tails a tide lilly pads or something that looks a little more bassy....
was thinking also clear lake , castic .. one of these days maybe...

Delw

Cal Hunter,

Thanks for the info! Count me in. Check will go out to Chopper with tomorrow's mail.

I've never hunted for pigs before, but with the heat I would think they could be patterned to water holes if it is scarce. I plan on using archery equipment with a wheel gun in the holster in case one tries to eat me.

T Bone

Good luck wwith the bow, T-Bone. I've seen a lot of hogs run off through the brush, breaking arrows off from their chest, squealing as they dash off! Remember that their lungs are a lot smaller than a deer, and only extend a little bit from behind the shoulder. You will need to either hit the spine, angle the shot on a quartering away or quartering toward you through the chest, or punch through the gristle plate. It can be done, but the combination of the gristle plate on a boar and the smaller size of the lungs makes it difficult.

For a handgun, use a sturdy bullet, like a hardcast Keith bullet.

Our best bets will be to intercept them on their way to or from water and feed in the early morning or late afternoon/evening. Or bust 'em out of bedding areas. Bring binoculars! (and running shoes ;) )

My check went out yesterday. I wrote the July dates on it though, I'll call Chopper and ask him to change it to June 7-9.

This will be a blast! I've wanted to hunt pigs for a while.

T BONE

Ill be sending my check as soon as I get home.Im on the road and should be back soon.Shoot ill just have my wife send it now. If I find a truck stop to leave my truck at is anyone willing to pick me up and bring me back I doubt I will be able to park my truck up there. any help would be appreciated.

WELL... WIFE had the OK for me until I found out I'm leaving her to hunt Montana for Deer and ELK..... She was kind enuf to give me a choice between the two..... Guess which I picked...

Sorry this time fellas, I wish I was there with ya :( Maybe next time !!!!!

tnctcb - just let us know where your truck will be at, and one of us will pick you up. I'm sure there is someplace between L.A. and Hollister to park it. Bakersfield? Fresno? Paso Robles?

I spoke with Chopper on the phone today. He's a nice guy. It sounds like a first class hunt opportunity. He's had 30+ hunters this year and close to 100% success, with 100%-plus opportunity.

I'm planning on hunting with archery gear, but will take a rifle along in case I can't connect on one with a sharp stick.

What kind of gear are you others using?

T Bone

I see he also has a couple of bass ponds, if you want to do some fishing! Plus ground squirrels, a chance at coyotes, and hogs! Sounds better all the time.

I will probably end up bringing my .300 Weatherby. Only because it usually means I see hogs when I have it. I'll be bringing at least one .223, though, too.

I think I'll dust off my .270, haven't had it out of the safe in a few years.
Did you say bass ponds ? :D

come on guys this is a pig hunt.............. in other words perfect opportunity to buy a new gun.Im looking at a .44 mag ruger lever action but if all else fails I guess ill bring my .270.I wont know till probablly a week before where im gonna be but I can put myself in a position to make it easy on you guys to get me.Tbone if im up that way I will probablly meet you in sacramento. If not ill catch cali but I dont know where he is at.Ill tell you guys where I stop in route.wheeler ridge at the bottom of the grapevine.,paso robles off 101, bakersfeild, sacramento and santa nella.you guys tell me who will be passing any of these places and ill get myself to one of them.no one has said anything about this that i have heard, do we need a california non resident liscence to hunt this place and do you need a hunter education course to get one.my deposit went out today :D

Sacto will be too far north for me, but T-bone might be able to get ya. Paso, Bakersfield or Wheeler Ridge all work for me.

I already bought my new gun for this hunt, but it's a .223 for varmints! :D

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back