Yeti GOBOX Collection

Delete

I think the forky grip n grin is a true representation of what most may actually get in the units they're asking about. Unless they're truly an elite hunter...
Very much so! It’s a 1 point unit some seasons, 0 point unit in others.

I think the forky grip n grin is a true representation of what most may actually get in the units they're asking about. Unless they're truly an elite hunter...

i stumbled - 3/4 of a mile from the truck, hung over, slightly nauseous, 109 yard shot or so - into this guy in a zero point unit. but maybe, in reality, i'm just an elite ;)

IMG-0760.JPG

i stumbled - 3/4 of a mile from the truck, hung over, slightly nauseous, 109 yard shot or so - into this guy in a zero point unit. but maybe, in reality, i'm just an elite ;)

View attachment 291265
No one else wanted to shoot that thing, even the ladies wouldn’t let him breed with only one antler. He probably just came out and sacrificed himself so he didn’t need to go through another depressing rut with no ladies.

View attachment 291265
You sir know that you're an elite hunter and are talking about elite fitness levels and proper supplementation to get so far from the road then stalk so close. Be prepared to share your waypoints with new members wishing to join your elite club on this private forum.

No one else wanted to shoot that thing, even the ladies wouldn’t let him breed with only one antler. He probably just came out and sacrificed himself so he didn’t need to go through another depressing rut with no ladies.

his antler broke slaying every other #oldwarrior on the mountain. i bested the mighty beast. if it weren't for my #mtops and #pedialyte his #oldwarriorfury would have had me on my knees. i knew someone had to. someone with a real set of cojones.

From what I see in this picture and what I've heard about foot/leg humping you're the elite hunter that can be successful in this unit like I was many years in a row. I've laid out the 3rd season strategy for you since this is a private forum and all.

This mostly public unit is managed for high-quality mule deer hunting. Hunters may also hunt elk here and may buy tags over the counter during some seasons. We've had great success off the 8463Aa Rd with everyone in our group harvesting mature 4 points.
During the migration this an even better hunt. Just start at the interstate and glass from the frontage road for giant lovestruck bucks. The 131 is super productive in the later seasons too as almost no one braves the blacktop after a fresh snow hits.
Be ready to chain up to get to the big ones hanging at slightly higher elevations.

Since you've had success in Idaho and Wyoming we're assuming you have an ATV or UTV or even a SUV to get into the deer superhighway called the 131.

Good luck this year and post up your trophy on this thread.
If it work for you it will work for me {thankyou }

I have hunted that group of units for 10 or so years. Pm if you have questions. Have hunted second and third season, have a second season this year.

As @Blackcats06 said, if there is any moisture you will need chains or to hunt from a paved road. All the dirt roads in those units turn to grease almost instantly. I have seen many trucks very stuck over the years. Stuck stuck!

I am curious about these units for 2nd rifle as well. @Dsnow9 can you send me a PM to learn more about this?

I am curious about these units for 2nd rifle as well. @Dsnow9 can you send me a PM to learn more about this?
Oh man, I think this will be round 3 or 4 on this thread alone. You need ten posts in order to pm. Make the posts count. The more effort you put into your posts the more helpful I become. When you get to the post count feel free to pm me.

Oh man, I think this will be round 3 or 4 on this thread alone. You need ten posts in order to pm. Make the posts count. The more effort you put into your posts the more helpful I become. When you get to the post count feel free to pm me.
Maybe tell him the unit is full!

Maybe tell him the unit is full!
I think I’m going to start telling everybody that the unit sucks. It’s definitely not what it used to be. 160 ish deer used to be all over the private ground at least. Over the past ten years it has dropped to lucky if I see a 160 ish class deer in a couple weeks of hunting. I need some people to return their tags though so I can actually hunt the unit this year. I need to up my standards. After that real nice 2x2 young warrior I was thinking maybe a 2x3 and over the ears is where I set the bar this year.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back