Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Delete

Will you be hunting these units this year? my son and I drew this year I don't know a darn thing about these units' 3rd season. I've hunted Idaho the past 8 years & Wyoming. We got skunked last year. I'm pushing 68 years old and can still hump on foot !! can you or someone pass me some help please. Thank you for your precious time.
Mmm. Idaho. Pat’s canyon.

the genetics are quite remarkable, the longevity is much less so. But am I talking about these units, the DAU, the region, the state, or the Rocky Mountains. Some day people will wise up but that day is far into the future apparently.

You are so close ! 8 miles north, you need snow they come out of the burn hard hunt my biggest to date 4x5 31=1/2", public land. According to rancher he told me you're in big buck country every year I've seen wall hangers. Backpack 6 1/2 to the top in the snow. 3-nights sleeping on the tundra,40 yards nontypical makes this one look like schoolboy pulled the slip on me ! Me giving the ok in picture! son in the middle. It's getting impossible for nonresidents to apply for a tag in Idaho. The tags are sold first come .
You have any photos of that buck loaded up whole in your pack?

Will you be hunting these units this year? my son and I drew this year I don't know a darn thing about these units' 3rd season. I've hunted Idaho the past 8 years & Wyoming. We got skunked last year. I'm pushing 68 years old and can still hump on foot !! can you or someone pass me some help please. Thank you for your precious time.
From what I see in this picture and what I've heard about foot/leg humping you're the elite hunter that can be successful in this unit like I was many years in a row. I've laid out the 3rd season strategy for you since this is a private forum and all.

This mostly public unit is managed for high-quality mule deer hunting. Hunters may also hunt elk here and may buy tags over the counter during some seasons. We've had great success off the 8463Aa Rd with everyone in our group harvesting mature 4 points.
During the migration this an even better hunt. Just start at the interstate and glass from the frontage road for giant lovestruck bucks. The 131 is super productive in the later seasons too as almost no one braves the blacktop after a fresh snow hits.
Be ready to chain up to get to the big ones hanging at slightly higher elevations.

Since you've had success in Idaho and Wyoming we're assuming you have an ATV or UTV or even a SUV to get into the deer superhighway called the 131.

Good luck this year and post up your trophy on this thread.

From what I see in this picture and what I've heard about foot/leg humping you're the elite hunter that can be successful in this unit like I was many years in a row. I've laid out the 3rd season strategy for you since this is a private forum and all.

This mostly public unit is managed for high-quality mule deer hunting. Hunters may also hunt elk here and may buy tags over the counter during some seasons. We've had great success off the 8463Aa Rd with everyone in our group harvesting mature 4 points.
During the migration this an even better hunt. Just start at the interstate and glass from the frontage road for giant lovestruck bucks. The 131 is super productive in the later seasons too as almost no one braves the blacktop after a fresh snow hits.
Be ready to chain up to get to the big ones hanging at slightly higher elevations.

Since you've had success in Idaho and Wyoming we're assuming you have an ATV or UTV or even a SUV to get into the deer superhighway called the 131.

Good luck this year and post up your trophy on this thread.
I love what you’re doing for the FNGs of HT.

Sometimes Cush needs a break from welcoming the new members. They come here and ask for tremendous value from us so I provide it.
I like your approach but I think the grip and grin with a forky is gonna be my new response. If they look a bit harder and spend any time they may see the deer I have shot that are bigger than a forky.

And I pm’d mr idaho when he hit 10 but he never responded… 🥲 must have been deterred by my “shooter buck”

I like your approach but I think the grip and grin with a forky is gonna be my new response. If they look a bit harder and spend any time they may see the deer I have shot that are bigger than a forky.

And I pm’d mr idaho when he hit 10 but he never responded… 🥲 must have been deterred by my “shooter buck”
I think the forky grip n grin is a true representation of what most may actually get in the units they're asking about. Unless they're truly an elite hunter...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back