MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Delete

When you get to ten posts feel free to pm me. But I’ll be checking your ten posts. Make them count… 😉
Sounds good man! First one when I get to 10 is, should I just leave the wheeler home. Happy to hike in but wondering if bringing the 4wheeler is a waste of time or might get be closer to some good trailheads?

Quite impressive the amount of Utah hunters anywhere you go in Colorado.
Its how it is everywhere if you hunt out of the state. We have a sh%t ton of Wyoming, Colorado and Idaho hunters over here in Utah.. Wyoming says the same thing, Idaho says the same thing, etc.. They say hunting is under attack...I say it may be however it more popular than it have ever been in history and social media.

Hello everyone,

I drew a Colorado unit 35/36/45/361 third season deer tag and was curious if any other hunt talk members have drawn this tag or even maybe a fourth or second season tag and would be willing to share there experience with me?
Hey Brad, how did you do a couple seasons ago on your hunt?

Sounds good man! First one when I get to 10 is, should I just leave the wheeler home. Happy to hike in but wondering if bringing the 4wheeler is a waste of time or might get be closer to some good trailheads?
All depends on what kind of vehicle you have and what your strategy is. You can get by without it but if the roads turn to grease the wheelers usually do better than the trucks. I’ve never had issues with the roads but I’ve been driving them since the day I turned 16. I wouldn’t show up without four heavy duty chains for whatever vehicle you have though. Cant take the wheelers of maintained roads so it is all personal preference.

That will be me this year with elk...
Good luck! The elk are hard to find in these units and the caliber isn’t amazing, you’re gonna have to work hard and I would decide early wether you want a legal elk or a certain caliber. It’s a sub 1 point tag so holding out for anything large holds a very good chance at tag soup.

All depends on what kind of vehicle you have and what your strategy is. You can get by without it but if the roads turn to grease the wheelers usually do better than the trucks. I’ve never had issues with the roads but I’ve been driving them since the day I turned 16. I wouldn’t show up without four heavy duty chains for whatever vehicle you have though. Cant take the wheelers of maintained roads so it is all personal preference.
Thanks Dsnow9, that is very helpful on planning what I should bring. :)

I can’t believe you guys are openly discussing this super great unreal buck and bullicious unit group on a post with unit numbers. It will be on the net forever now and everyone will get the goods now!!🤔.
Maybe 20 years ago before the overdevelopment of the valley took off like an f16 on an aircraft carrier

this mostly public unit is managed for high-quality mule deer hunting. Hunters may also hunt elk here and may buy tags over the counter during some seasons. We've had great success off the 8463Aa Rd with everyone in our group harvesting mature 4 points. Our taxi bill was somethin crazy after 2022 so we won't be back for awhile thanks to Bidenomics and lack of points.
During the migration this an even better hunt. Just start at the interstate and glass from the frontage road for giant lovestruck bucks. 131 is super productive in the later seasons too as almost no one braves the blacktop after a fresh snow hits.
thanks for the tips. With this, I should be able to get a big one

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back