Deer poached

Oak

Expert
The CO incentive program for turning in poachers allows the person who turns in the poacher a license for the same species and unit, or a preference point. I wonder if they would give you 8 deer points for turning in this poacher?

EIGHT DEER KILLED IN LA VETA
LA VETA, Colo. - The Colorado Division of Wildlife is asking for help solving a poaching crime. Sometime in the early morning hours on May 4, eight deer were shot and left in and around the town of La Veta.

Anyone who saw any suspicious activity, or has information about the case, is asked to contact DOW Officer Lance Gatlin at 719-989-1027, or call Operation Game Thief at 1-877-265-6648.

"Anyone who comes forward with information is eligible for a $1,200 cash reward from the Division of Wildlife's Operation Game Thief fund," said Gatlin. In some cases, people who report wildlife crimes are also eligible to receive preference points or a future hunting license for the same species.

Callers can remain anonymous and are still eligible for rewards if the information provided leads to a citation.

The Colorado Division of Wildlife urges people to call Operation Game Thief whenever they have information about any illegal hunting or fishing activities. Callers may remain anonymous.

Dude, I'm all in favor of preference points for each animal...that would really juice the system. Hell, screw the pref point thing altogether and consider giving out premium tags in those cases - completely outside the realm of point requirements/regular draw. Shouldn't be too hard to do on a case-by-case basis...maybe a guy turns in another guy who shot 8 deer...see if he wants to hunt one of the LE units or something and just give him the tag. Seems like the system might work better if the incenctive was higher. :D

I agree with Elk Hunter about raising the reward though you'd like to think people would do the right thing without any reward. You'd like to think a lot of other things that just don't come to pass...

Terrible about those deer. And the AZ sheep & the ID moose, etc. Pisses me off to no end!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back