Caribou Gear

Deer on 9/15/2001

Elkhunter

I hope anyway. On Saturday deer season will open for me. I will be trying a new place that I have only been to once, a year ago. From below it looks like some nice deer could be up there. It is going to be a long day and will take me about 3 hours by horse to get to where I want to be at first light. Will see what transpires from there. If nothing around wil go another 1 hour and try again with the glassing and maybe even go another hour and should be in what looks like prime country. Been getting a little rain so at least it won't be as dry as it has been.

Best of luck to ya Elkhunter, I hope your new spot pays off. I wish I was going in on horse back, but I'll be hoofing it. Not to far to hike anyway, about 1 mile from the truck. :D

Well I did not score. TCHunter went with me and busted a small buck yesterday for the freezer. All we saw today was 2 does. I know there are deer in there and very little or no pressure at all. I did take pictures of the area and my hunting partner. To see them Click Here

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 17 September 2001 06:28: Message edited by: Elkhunter ]</font>

Back