Deer Hunters of Idaho... the night of :)

Moosie

Grand poopa
Now..... I'm not one to toot my horn (OK, MAybe I am) But I have to Say, That was ONE , FINE Banquet !!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures, I know a few were taken. And I might add I should be an Auctioneer ;)

Thanx anyone from here that attended !!

This is the only one I have done so far. I thought you might appreciate me posting it though. More later. :)

Attachments

• P2260013R.jpg
    P2260013R.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 310
For those that don;t know, Lt is Doyle Moss, Middle is me, and the Cowboyhat is Guy Eastman. I do appreciate that, thanx. Right after that I had Each one Sign my hat on Each side and I'll retire the hat.

Both guys brought alot to the banquet and We had a KICK A$$ turn out. Lemme tell ya we might have made a couple mistakes (I know I did) but in general I think it went OK.

I know Slydog was there, Gunner showed up late, deadeye270, IdahoBugler, Mojave, Wylee, Breezy, Wallydog, IDcrittergitter, And I'm sure the List goes on. Got some good feedback and after a few more months I'll be ready to do it again.... MAtter of fact, I have a Breakfast date in the AM for another BAnquet D.H.I. is doing in the Wood river Valley in MAY.

That's deffinatley puts it in the all star hat division and should be retired and only worn at the banquets ... Good job.

I was there with my dad, I almost won the bear hunt during the live auction, maybe next year. Good food, Good company, and your right Oscar, you should be an auctioneer!

-Ed/Highcountry

Ed, the Night was A blur... and I didn't even Drink. Although I also didn't fall down on stage ;) DID you track me down to chat ? DID I meet your dad ? And WHY in the world did you let the bear hunt go for so cheap ? :D

I didnt want to bug you, after all you had Doyle & Guy to entertain. Man I thought Stan was down for the count! Next time I will introduce myself. About the bear hunt, the only reason I stopped is because my buddy has some good bear hounds and I am already lined up to hunt with him this spring. Dont worry I bought plenty of raffle tickets and a couple hats, maybe next year I will bid on the Alaska fishing trip, that went for a steal! And I signed up for the life time membership last night too!

-Ed

HAHA... I didn't need to Entertain those Guys. I'd of just assumed you bugged me. Doyle flew in, they picked me up at noon, Bought me lunch and brought a butt load of stuff for us to give out. Usually it's the organizations that need to "Brown nose " those type of People. I can Truely say That Neither Doyle or Guy needed any of that. Those two guys are some "good people". Both brought good stuff, signed ALOT of hats, and really helped out. We had 100+ more then the average banquet. I'd love to take some of the Credit, being my First year running it........ but I'm sure it wasn't me .... :confused:

I also thought it was Big of Steve Alderman giving away that Trophy Whitetail hunt back to the Youth. I think he showed the Side I usually see of him that others usually don't. Now, I'd love to say I would have done the same.... But since I didn't win it I don't have to be proven wrong. ;)

You should have seen Stans Leg, He buggered it up pretty good. He was a Great sport about it and played it off well. I think I would have gone in a Hole and Died. But crap happens and I'm guesing not too many people will remember that too much. Although at the next Directors meeting Tueday I'm sure something will get brought up ... (Thats what friends are for) :D

So, I'm kind of Glad that the DJ for the Night was Sick and I had to take it over. I think I did OK. I'm, also glad the Auctioneer left right away so when the last Item came up I could Do my Auctioneer Spiel. It was the Spare of the Moment thing but Now I know what the Comedians feel like when the Croud comes Unglude and Laughs at a Good joke. That made the night for me. I have a Few more Ideas and learned alot.... Is it Feb next year yet ?!?! :D :D

I can't wait till Monday Morning when the others Chim in.... I wonder what everyone else thought of it. I got Awesome feedback from Wallydog. He wrot down every thing he seen that could improve and His list and Mine run almost parralel... Except why He wants me to wear a Camo nighty next year seems a little wierd ?!?!? ;)

Although it was a little disappointing that some of the people I was hoping to meet never showed up, I thought it was a pretty cool time. Thought I would share a few more pics with y'all.

Here's Moosie on the mic. I think we've created a monster. :D

oscarmic.jpg

Here's Wylee. Poor guy, Oscar worked him hard!

Wylee.jpg

Slydog, ooooh and isn't he though. ;)

Sly.jpg

A few of the nice mounts on display

mounts.jpg

And then there's little old me. Wally Dog was kind enough to take this shot of me. I thought I had one of him too? :confused:

Karen2.jpg

I had a good time...even though i didnt win ANYTHING! haha...money went to a good cause though so im not whineing. Oscar is one funny SOB...loved the auctioneering ;) haha
YB

Wish I could of made it. Looks like a great time was had. Maybe I will have to make the Wood River banquet. Be sure and put the information up for it when you get it.

Sounds great MOOSIE, maybe I can make it next year. I wasn't too suprised when MATT or BUZZ didn't make it over for breakfast.

It looked like everyone had a great time and Moosie did an awesome job MC'ing it. Don't let him fool ya either, he and the VP had everything to do with the success of the night. hump hump Definitely a night to be proud of.

It looked like everyone had a great time and Moosie did an awesome job MC'ing it. Don't let him fool ya either, he and the VP had everything to do with the success of the night. hump hump Definitely a night to be proud of.

Well then I will issue a congrats to the big guy. WTG Moosie! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back