MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Deer are tough animals

I shot a buck several years ago that was obviously limping. Turned out he was missing a front leg from the knee. Had happened awhile ago (probably hit by a car) since his off side antler was abnormal, as is usually the case with such injuries. Tough indeed.

Humans are so fragile compared to animals. Imagine taking a bullet through both lungs or even the heart and still running off.

Talk to some military or LE guys. My guess is that you’d find that it happens with humans too.

Bill.................Yes, that's true but they aren't being hit with a .338 mag. I'm not sure they run off at top speed either with a heart turned to mush.

I will agree a human can take a lot of gunshots and survive. Some of them a lot more than others.

Last edited:
This poor red hind, she was on her own, which raised suspicions that something wasn't right, she ran about 50 yards after the shot and keeled over, she was just skin and bone, the oldest hind I have every shot.
IMG_20200323_193533814.jpg

Had a deer in my neighborhood that must have been hit by a car but survived for at least two years with a fractured hind leg that had bone sticking out.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back