Caribou Gear Tarp

December/January Hunts

stephenk22

Are there any good DIY Hunts in December/January that don't require points and have decent success? I would be looking for a rifle hunt.

I realize this is asking a lot and probably a long shot.

It's looking like i'm going to be doubling my workload this year. I just found out today another person at our company quit so I will be taking on a bigger load. Unfortunately for me our busiest time of the year is September/October and I promised my wife a tropical vacation in September. I was planning my first ever DIY western hunt for Wyoming Antelope this year.

Chukar, but you'll need a shotgun, and i'd suggest a good dog or two.

Or Coues/javi in AZ over the counter, but you'll need a bow. (if you want to hunt the west, id suggest at least picking up archery as a hobby...just in case)

Rifle - Cow Elk in a few states have tags that can be drawn with a few points.

Muzzleloader - Deer in Northwest Nebraska

Exotics in TX. High success, wink.

Javelinas in AZ. Leftover tags so with a little timely planning. High success.

Coues archery in AZ but LOW success though will see bucks since rut in on in early to late January.

Barbary Sheep in NM on public land with a little planning and draw luck. Middling success.

Goats and sheep and cattle in HI. High success.

Am I the only one wondering why he is taking a tropical vacation in September? :)

I'm stuck in Houston international on my tropical vacation I was trying to archery elk hunt last September. Well wolf hunt in Idaho cat house in Nevada I mean cat hunt.

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately Hawaii is a bit out of my budget.
I was hoping to do the hunt for around $1,000. It looks like my options are pretty slim.
I might be able to squeeze out a November hunt or late October if i have too.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back