PEAX Equipment

December hunts part 2

Idaho Ron

Well since I got back from elk hunting the weather has been warm and no snow. The ground is wet and nasty to drive on. The scenting conditions are great. I went to a area that I had hunted in Nov. It started out a little slow but soon things were smoking. Gretta was really working them well this day. The wind was blowing to the canyon and the birds were holding. Our limit was filled in 1 hour and 15 minutes. I love this picture!
231750.jpg

I thought it would be a shame not to get some pictures of her pointing since there was so many birds.
This first one is a long range point, about 60 yards off.
231752.jpg

This next one is ground ZERO! If I was not limited out this would have been good. instead we worked on steady to wing.
231754.jpg

This next picture was taken 12-16-04
I thought I have had some good days hunting but this one was amazing. To tell the truth I would not believe this story my self if I had heard it. We got to the canyon and had to walk about a mile to get to the edge. I had a wind at my back but I figured it would be blowing into the main canyon when we got there. I put Gretta on heel and we walked to the edge. When we got there I looked at my watch. It was 11:00 am. I turned her loose and BAAMM she was on point. I moved in and shot a double. She quickly retrieved them both and no sooner did I have them in my vest I looked up and she was on point! I walked over and up they came. I shot a triple. She retrieved a couple and I picked one up. I put the last one in the vest and looked up. SHE WAS ON POINT AGAIN! I got another triple in this covey to finish the limit. I looked at my watch and it was 11:12. It took us 12 minutes to fill a 8 bird limit. I was amazed. I had to take a couple of pictures after the shooting was done. Ron
231755.jpg

231861.JPG

very nice--where'd you get the pointing lab from--my buddy has 3--all three have been bred to get some pups and the pups have done well--chris

Back