Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Dead Pool

James Riley

Banned
Went to the city and saw it tonight. I enjoyed it very much and would see it again. Some of it went over my head because I never read comic books but my son explained it to me. Pretty funny stuff, irreverent. Violent, sexual innuendo. But a good R rated movie. Ryan Reynolds did a good job and so did the bartender friend of his. Just as quippy as Dead Pool. Not every one will like this movie.

Superhero movies are crap... hasn't there been enough of them made yet? I always either fall asleep or start daydreaming about something else. Give me a good western or war movie though and then you've got my attention.

In the words of Edward Abbey regarding modern TV, "Do you know what happens when you stick your head inside a vacuum tube? You get your brains sucked out!"

He's not a super hero. He's an anti-hero. That's what makes him interesting. It's also a movie, not T.V. I loved Abby's book The Brave Cowboy, by the way, and it was made into an awesome movie called "Lonely Are The Brave."

All I had to hear is sexual innuendo...I'm there :D I wish I could bring myself to go to a movie theater. I haven't been able to be inside one since I've been back from Iraq. I tried and freaked the hell right out and walked out at a high rate of speed. I'll catch it on DVD when it comes out.

Superhero movies are crap... hasn't there been enough of them made yet? I always either fall asleep or start daydreaming about something else. Give me a good western or war movie though and then you've got my attention.

In the words of Edward Abbey regarding modern TV, "Do you know what happens when you stick your head inside a vacuum tube? You get your brains sucked out!"

It is all based on what the public wants to see. I want to say there will be about 25-30 DC or Marvel movies coming out from now til end of 2020. I for one enjoy a good comic movie but that's just me. I enjoyed Deadpool thought it was a great change from the classic comic movies that have been coming out lately.

The opening set up credits were funny as hell. Really have to pay attention to the non-stop running wit. The sexy gal looks like Rocky Balboa's wife...only pretty. Watchable rental.

Now the era of superhero movies and TV shows, it's really annoying, but there are really good movies. I liked Deadpool, I liked the Guardians of the Galaxy. But in modern cinema there are a lot of superheroes who are alike.

Back