Caribou Gear Tarp

Dead bird and darn near killed the truck as well.

Big Sky

I only had one day to hunt this weekend and ended up killing the smallest bearded turkey of my life. He's legal, but he sure doesn't have much for a beard. Of course I killed him to make all you other guys that have killed small birds feel better about yourself. Now don't say I've never done anything for you.

First photo is the classic, calm, pose with the bird type photo.
fc4cf236.jpg

This photo is the "Got'cha you little bastard!" This happens after being duped by two very large tom's earlier in the day. Frustration was red lining when I introduced this bird to some SuperWammyMagnumAmmo.
fc4cf234.jpg

This last photo is a major "Oh Sh!t!" factor. After I killed my bird I drove up the hill to see if there were anymore birds. Cornholio (a.k.a. Greenhorn) is coming out this weekend and I wanted to see if I could locate a tom or two to look for. Anyway I was looking off the opposite side of the road as I was head back down the hill when my tire slipped into this wash out. My tire slipped in at the red arrow and came back out at the blue arrow. Had I been even a few more inches over I may not be typing this as that wash out lead to about a 300 foot steep roll to the bottom of the ravine. Darn near Poopi-ed myself.
fc4cf231.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-21-2003 12:45: Message edited by: Big Sky ]</font>

Shoot, good you got a turkey. Bad, you almost lost the truck. They put those holes in places you don't expect them sometimes. Glad you got out! Good story!

I don't believe I'd want to go hunting with anybody nicknamed cornholio
biggrin.gif

Big SKY you sun-of-a-behatch !!! YOU get to hunt Africa AND get toi shoot aturkey... I've on the Envious side bro !!!!

TAKE ol' Cornhole out and Show him a good time, They don't make boys much better then that guy !!!!!

TELL the wife hi and we'll catch ya soon !! WHEN do you depart for the SUN Continent
wink.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back