DC827 Honey Holes

AvidIndoorsman

Looks like at least three folks from this forum had the tag and then ghosted 🤨

Anyone willing to PM me info, my buddy, a resident, drew this tag and I’m trying to help him out.

Beginner hunter, expert backcountriest. He’s willing to spend the money and time to get a good one.

Please and thank you.

Drew the tag once 3 years ago. Wish I would've hired a guide but ended up make it a DIY. Caribou move so much you need either horses or luck to get a good one.

No we flew in and landed on a gravel bar by a glacier, then hiked from that area. There were 2 of us and we both tagged out but they were small bulls

After spending an hour of time at work studying maps and doing google searches of an area that I will probably never hunt :) (but it was more funner than work) I have come to the conclusion that most people are flying in, but if you have access to a wheeler Healy Creek might be worth looking into. Others said Yannert creek was good, especially around Dick Creek.

After spending an hour of time at work studying maps and doing google searches of an area that I will probably never hunt :) (but it was more funner than work) I have come to the conclusion that most people are flying in, but if you have access to a wheeler Healy Creek might be worth looking into. Others said Yannert creek was good, especially around Dick Creek.
Lol every time I research one of these hunts I'm always like... why are people talking about the gun they need for AK and not the drysuit they need for AK.

Lol every time I research one of these hunts I'm always like... why are people talking about the gun they need for AK and not the drysuit they need for AK.
I'm no help on the drysuit, but good luck with your hunt planning. I have been in that area around Healy and saw caribou. It can be some rough terrain.

Looks like at least three folks from this forum had the tag and then ghosted 🤨

Anyone willing to PM me info, my buddy, a resident, drew this tag and I’m trying to help him out.

Beginner hunter, expert backcountriest. He’s willing to spend the money and time to get a good one.

Please and thank you.
I drew the tag in 2019. I gave a bit of an update on a 2020 DC827 thread. (does that count as a 👻?).

I could share some general direction, but perhaps not honey holes...I drew the tag again this year!
Yes, it can get a bit uncomfortable with a lucky horseshoe up your bum, but I have noticed that the pain of hunting caribou in sheep country make you forget about that particular "uncomfort."

I also drew any bull moose for an overlapping area/season, but based on my 2019 trip, I'm not going to try to combo this year.
I'll probably hunt 'bou early in season, mid-August, and moose late season, mid/late-September. Fly-ins.

I drew the tag in 2019. I gave a bit of an update on a 2020 DC827 thread. (does that count as a 👻?).

I could share some general direction, but perhaps not honey holes...I drew the tag again this year!
Yes, it can get a bit uncomfortable with a lucky horseshoe up your bum, but I have noticed that the pain of hunting caribou in sheep country make you forget about that particular "uncomfort."

I also drew any bull moose for an overlapping area/season, but based on my 2019 trip, I'm not going to try to combo this year.
I'll probably hunt 'bou early in season, mid-August, and moose late season, mid/late-September. Fly-ins.
Gotta get people a little riled to make them respond, beat the brush if you will...

Nice bou!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back