Days Afield...

Moosie

Grand poopa
Not that I'm bragging... ;) But how many days hunting are you gonig to do this year ? I'm guessing I'll be under last years but not too much. counting morning hunts and evening hunts (Sometimes I get in a Morning hunt for ducks or a afternoon Bear hunt), I had 74 days last year.

And does anyone else Keep good record of when they went out and What they seen ?

I have a fairly good record from last year and This year's is starting out good too. I just got done updating my Hunting log for bear.

So far this year I think I've only hunted two days, upland birds and turkey, but I should put in alot this fall. I'll probably spend at least 40 days or so just on deer alone, thats been about my average the past couple years. I figure between 5-10 days for elk and probably at least 10 days for birds in the fall. I'll probably be around the 50-60 days mark or so by the end of the year.

Powderburn.. DID you at least get something in the 4 days ? If so, those averages are better then most :D

Anyone count the Scouting days too ? Unfortunately I don't have many of them....

I have 18 days of fishing (Montana, Minnesota, Saskatchewan) and 9 days of hunting (Montana, South Dakota, Saskatchewan). So far, two turkeys, a bear and an assortment of fishes. I will try to keep track this year a little better than last. I am guessing around 50 for hunting if things go well.

Last year I had 24 days in that I killed something, but I did not track the days that I hunted but came home meatless.

Last year I spent 42 days afield hunting. I plan to spend much more this fall.

Hopefully I will draw a breaks bull tag. I am due!!! If I do I will live out there until I get a monster.

Nemont

[ 06-26-2004, 23:28: Message edited by: Nemont ]

Spent between 60 to 70 days out last year. This year so far I've only been out 6 days, but in that time I and my friends killed 4 turkeys. Two of the six days were spent on a spot and stalk bear hunt. Saw a bear but couldn't get to him fast enough, but I did kill my truck. Other than the truck casualty things are going well so far. However I doubt I'll get out nearly as much this fall as last year. :(

With scouting, I would say some where around 100 plus, with just getting out hunting, usually around 45 plus, if you add fishing into it, another 20-30...

Moosie last years 4 days add up as follows. Day 1 my daughters first whitetail,day 2 my sons 4th whitetail, day 3 my whitetail and day 4 taking a good friend out who never pulled the pin on any that he felt were big enough. I have a network of farms and ranches from all over southern Ab. that I have access to. With limited days out we go were we'll tag out. This year with more time it's looking to hang heads on the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back