PEAX Equipment

Days Afield...

Moosie

Grand poopa
Not that I'm bragging... ;) But how many days hunting are you gonig to do this year ? I'm guessing I'll be under last years but not too much. counting morning hunts and evening hunts (Sometimes I get in a Morning hunt for ducks or a afternoon Bear hunt), I had 74 days last year.

And does anyone else Keep good record of when they went out and What they seen ?

I have a fairly good record from last year and This year's is starting out good too. I just got done updating my Hunting log for bear.

So far this year I think I've only hunted two days, upland birds and turkey, but I should put in alot this fall. I'll probably spend at least 40 days or so just on deer alone, thats been about my average the past couple years. I figure between 5-10 days for elk and probably at least 10 days for birds in the fall. I'll probably be around the 50-60 days mark or so by the end of the year.

Powderburn.. DID you at least get something in the 4 days ? If so, those averages are better then most :D

Anyone count the Scouting days too ? Unfortunately I don't have many of them....

I have 18 days of fishing (Montana, Minnesota, Saskatchewan) and 9 days of hunting (Montana, South Dakota, Saskatchewan). So far, two turkeys, a bear and an assortment of fishes. I will try to keep track this year a little better than last. I am guessing around 50 for hunting if things go well.

Last year I had 24 days in that I killed something, but I did not track the days that I hunted but came home meatless.

Last year I spent 42 days afield hunting. I plan to spend much more this fall.

Hopefully I will draw a breaks bull tag. I am due!!! If I do I will live out there until I get a monster.

Nemont

[ 06-26-2004, 23:28: Message edited by: Nemont ]

Spent between 60 to 70 days out last year. This year so far I've only been out 6 days, but in that time I and my friends killed 4 turkeys. Two of the six days were spent on a spot and stalk bear hunt. Saw a bear but couldn't get to him fast enough, but I did kill my truck. Other than the truck casualty things are going well so far. However I doubt I'll get out nearly as much this fall as last year. :(

With scouting, I would say some where around 100 plus, with just getting out hunting, usually around 45 plus, if you add fishing into it, another 20-30...

Moosie last years 4 days add up as follows. Day 1 my daughters first whitetail,day 2 my sons 4th whitetail, day 3 my whitetail and day 4 taking a good friend out who never pulled the pin on any that he felt were big enough. I have a network of farms and ranches from all over southern Ab. that I have access to. With limited days out we go were we'll tag out. This year with more time it's looking to hang heads on the wall.

Back