PEAX Equipment

Day, swing and long term market trading.

Sytes

Call this part II of the Day Trading thread. This one is open for all conversations on market activity.

I'm still enjoying the market trading... Went from 2k (margin trading / eliminated fund restrictions) and put in another batch - was working with 11k then pulled 6k for a purchase of a UTV. Now at 5k.
I am slightly ahead by about 1k. I've had one major hit - lost about $900. Major in my book of hobby activity.
I had one that I held for about 2+ months straight (BCRX) - when it finally reached a point to make .01 - I sold as I did not earlier and it dropped in value. This time though after I sold it immediately skyrocketed from 1.88 (I sold) to 7.00+!!! haha! That would have been a cool 20k profit. :(
I had some good runs and some not so good though overall, as I said, I am slightly ahead.
I've not gotten to the point of day trading in principle though had some days where it worked out in that fashion. Mostly I fall into the "swing trading" catagory.
Currently, I am in MUX @ 1.97. It took a hit recently though I feel comfortable to work with this one for a bit (week-month). Seems they rise and fall on the price of silver even though they are mainly a gold mining company. They are waiting on some permits to clear on mining operations.
I'd really like to discipline myself for day trading though often it is depending on my work schedule thus tough to play by "just the #'s" vs company background, etc...

Been a real good time. I started a website and about to enable acceptence for people to post. It will be based on referral from users and people I know (here, elsewhere) I changed it to admin acceptence only versus open to join to ensure spambots, other do not interfere with the enjoyment of the site.
Any interested, feel free to join in. One forum is specifically set for game play... I.E. "play" money on stock purchase and competing with others - for shnitz and grins. Another forum for general market / general chatter and another - a squak box type area to call out the hot or not so hot pick. :)
http://todaysworldonline.com/dir/index.php
Drop a PM if you sign up. I'll be happy to get your access approved.

Call this part II of the Day Trading thread. This one is open for all conversations on market activity.

I'm still enjoying the market trading... Went from 2k (margin trading / eliminated fund restrictions) and put in another batch - was working with 11k then pulled 6k for a purchase of a UTV. Now at 5k.
I am slightly ahead by about 1k. I've had one major hit - lost about $900. Major in my book of hobby activity.
I had one that I held for about 2+ months straight (BCRX) - when it finally reached a point to make .01 - I sold as I did not earlier and it dropped in value. This time though after I sold it immediately skyrocketed from 1.88 (I sold) to 7.00+!!! haha! That would have been a cool 20k profit. :(
I had some good runs and some not so good though overall, as I said, I am slightly ahead.
I've not gotten to the point of day trading in principle though had some days where it worked out in that fashion. Mostly I fall into the "swing trading" catagory.
Currently, I am in MUX @ 1.97. It took a hit recently though I feel comfortable to work with this one for a bit (week-month). Seems they rise and fall on the price of silver even though they are mainly a gold mining company. They are waiting on some permits to clear on mining operations.
I'd really like to discipline myself for day trading though often it is depending on my work schedule thus tough to play by "just the #'s" vs company background, etc...

Been a real good time. I started a website and about to enable acceptence for people to post. It will be based on referral from users and people I know (here, elsewhere) I changed it to admin acceptence only versus open to join to ensure spambots, other do not interfere with the enjoyment of the site.
Any interested, feel free to join in. One forum is specifically set for game play... I.E. "play" money on stock purchase and competing with others - for shnitz and grins. Another forum for general market / general chatter and another - a squak box type area to call out the hot or not so hot pick. :)
http://todaysworldonline.com/dir/index.php
Drop a PM if you sign up. I'll be happy to get your access approved.

Sytes,

In the current environment anybody can make money trading stocks, not saying you aren't doing above average but when the market keeps setting record highs it appears easy. Ask the day traders what happened to most of them in 2008 and 2009. There are two sides to the market and you should take some time and learn the short side as well.

It is fun to hold short positions when panic sets in and everybody is bailing. The challenge is to know what is a short opportunity. At some point the FED isn't going to pump $85 Billion a month into the equity markets and when we start paying real interest rates again you should have a strategy for playing defense. At least keep your limit orders up to date.

Nemont

Here's my two cents: Over the last six, nine, and 12 months the S&P has had a 9.9%, 17.5%, and 26.58% return, and the Russell 2000 has returned 14.19%, 22.32%, and 36.42% over the same time. If you had let the markets work for you instead of trying to beat them, you'd be a lot farther ahead.

...and small value is up nearly 40% over the last year. I'd buy some IJS and use it as a comparison. I know people who have made a ton of money with one big hit, but more often than not they don't do that well, especially after taxes so make sure you are having fun because odds are you won't be making money in the long run :D

I was wondering the other day what people had been up to since the last thread.

Glad you've stuck with it and are enjoying it. Like others have mentioned, with outsized performance in the markets this year it is difficult to match it by trading. Though with experience and discipline one can beat it in sideways and down markets.

Sell that utv and get that money back to work :) haha, just kidding. You gotta live life too. Too often people die only having cared about their account balances without living and enjoying friends and family.

Keep it up and keep us posted.

I've looked into shorting stocks. I've yet to try this as it is a bit technical. Borrowing shares, selling them to another buyer, then buying them back to repay the initial loan of stock.
I'm feeling pretty comfortable now with the base level activity of buying to sell at a higher value. Now that this is down, I'll venture into shorts. I did not want to chase too many rabbits to start.

As for my return on investments, I've seen info sharing most lose $ the first year or two when starting market trade activity. Maybe due to the major surge I've not really experienced the true ups and downs though since I started I would average maybe 6-7.5k used for investing. I've profited a bit over 1k. This is roughly a +15% return.
I was a bit concerned when I took a big hit early on. I started doing quick buy/sell orders gaining just a few cents. It would total around $200+ each occasion. I had a really good run, seemed good plays and recovered the loss + rolled out ahead. If I tried going for the big one - seems I took big hits. If I played small quick gains, I had a ton more success.
Here I am now sitting on MUX that today is $1.80... I regret not working this stock as initially intended - quick buy and sell for a few cents - Now my money is tied up and I have to sit on the sidelines wishin I sold it when it hit $2.03 a few days ago. Make a quick $150 and buy again for a quick sell.
Lessons learned? I hope so.

walla__keynes____@gmail. com . Anyone with this email, would you pm me? (edited email though enough to assist whomever to PM)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back