PEAX Equipment

Daughter's Hunt

Mac7

Hunting season started out with car problems 30 miles in to a 4 day hunt. Had to turn around and head home and cancel the hunt. Alli didn't talk to me for about 4 hours as frustration and anger set in since she had built this hunt up so much. So fast forward a week and we were able to get out for a day hunt. We did see a few deer but no shots were fired.

Last Thursday she had the day off school so we headed up with a few days to hunt if needed. Left the truck right before daylight. Here is Alli a ways after we left the truck.

Attachments

• IMGP0034.jpg
    IMGP0034.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,121
We sat down about 3/4 mile in to rest and glass some country.I told her to keep checking behind us.IMGP0040.jpg

Sure enough 2 does came up over the ridge. She got set up and waited for one to clear the skyline then she shot.IMGP0042.jpg

Then we headed over to see what we could find. The doe stumbled down hill after the shot and disappeared behind some brush. This is how we found her.IMGP0051.jpg

Last edited:
So we made it an hour into the hunt and she got her deer. Very proud one 120 yd shot to the heart. Told her her to go a bit higher next time but can't complain with a dead deer. She also killed it with the same rifle I killed my first deer with 28 years ago. Only change since then was the youth stock I put on for her. IMGP0061.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP0062.jpg
    IMGP0062.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,099
so cool. my daughter isnt even two yet, but i cant wait 'til we get to do this

Nice Mac. I'd rather take people hunting at this stage. I've got a hunt lined up for my wife and child next weekend. I hope to see smiles that big.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back