Daughter's first deer

Muskeez

12-12-12
After joining me in the groundblind while I was bowhunting a couple times, my 17 year old daughter decided that she would like to try deer hunting with me this year. She was too old for the early youth season, so she had to wait until the regular gun seasons. (She shoots a bow really well in the NASP program at school, but she wasn't ready for bowhunting yet.) Our family all took the required Hunter's Safety course together just a couple months ago. She shot her first deer this evening from a quickly made ground blind of cedar branches. We sat on the hillside and watched deer and giggled for over an hour before a couple of does finally made their way across a creek to us. She made a great 60 yard double-lung shot with my TC Omega muzzleloader. What a fun afternoon!! All of her practice at the range paid off when it counted.

-one proud papa

for some reason I can't get the pics to upload. Will try again tomorrow.

Well, I'll admit I'm not the smoothest on a computer, but I have always been able to upload pics before from the same camera and same file on my computer. Is anyone else having troubles?

Try editing the picture to reduce the file size(?).

Grats to a proud father! Seems you have raised a dialed in gal, school programs and all! Grats!

Now with PICS

Thanks to brother Matt for help with Pics!

Attachments

• Carlee's first deer 12-12-12 013 (2).JPG
    Carlee's first deer 12-12-12 013 (2).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Carlee's first deer 12-12-12 005 (2).JPG
    Carlee's first deer 12-12-12 005 (2).JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Carlee's first deer 12-12-12 003 (2).JPG
    Carlee's first deer 12-12-12 003 (2).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 208
Congrats to your daughter!!

I couldn't get my 17 y/o on an antelope or deer this year, but the time together was priceless.

Great deer and way to make it all come together.Hard to beat this weather were having,

Gongrats to you and your daughter. I spent time hunting the west with my 15 year old daughter this year, the time we spent together was priceless, not to mention she was able to take a nice 4 point buck.

Gongrats to you and your daughter. I spent time hunting the west with my 15 year old daughter this year, the time we spent together was priceless, not to mention she was able to take a nice 4 point buck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back