Date Night in Montana

DRAFTSTUD

BUTTE, Mont. — So the goat that walked into a Montana bar last weekend ... was stolen from a petting zoo.

Fairmont Hot Springs Resort general manager Steve Luebeck says staffers knew the goat was missing but didn't realize it had been stolen until they saw a story in The Montana Standard on Wednesday reporting that a goat had been taken into a Butte bar early Sunday.

The pygmy goat named Shirley was returned to the resort's petting zoo.

Luebeck tells The Standard (http://bit.ly/11rcGB5) he has never had an animal stolen from the zoo, which has goats and miniature horses. He says zoo managers would like to know who took the animal so they can press charges.

It broke health codes to bring a goat into a Butte bar? I can only assume the codes are needed to protect the goat.

Buttebillboard.jpg

I still love this billboard between Boulder and Basin. Butte, where you have to pay money to see a toxic pit.

Every state has their armpit...
In defense of Butt-e;
I suspect some N. Dakota traveler found the goat an exotic diversion from his every day sheep.

Last edited:
It broke health codes to bring a goat into a Butte bar? I can only assume the codes are needed to protect the goat.
Good one, Rob.
-Always liked Butte, never had any legal difficulties there. In the mid '80's most of the high school wrestlers from Butte were missing their front teeth and were put together like the proverbial brick sh*thouse- not fun guys to tangle with.

We must be about the same age. I was taught never to get in a scrap with a guy from Butte as they have all the morals of the mafia ;).

I participated in a St. Paddy's day event there and everybody was bringing their own beer into the bars - not walking in with a single beer mind you, they were bringing in whole twelve packs which they'd hold in one hand while drinking with the other. After seeing this I figured "why not," and ran back the car to get my twelve pack. :D

Good ole Butte jokes...I was there last summer for the Folk Festival. What a great time! We camped in a park across the street from the mine with a bunch of hippies and got treated to the sprinkler system in the morning!

Butte is a little rough around the edges.However I have found the people to be far friendlier than other places ,Bozeman has been over- run with pretentious a-holes.My family and I fished the Clark fork Saturday and stopped in Butte on the way home for dinner.A family size pizza,two beers, one lemonade,....$10 bucks...and it wasn't that bad.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back