Danner Pronghorn thoughts

cedahm

They're decent boots. They're fairly soft as a "mountain boot" Even with the 10" height (I think that's what it is) there isn't a ton of support. Wouldn't be bad for say a late season mule deer hunt in more gentle terrain, but I wouldn't use them for a backcountry elk hunt in steep terrain or something like that.
I agree with nrpate05 on the 'softness' - in my case - I have wide feet and my right foot is slightly larger than my left so have a tough time with boot fit, the Pronghorns broke in REALLY quickly and have been excellent for 3.5 years.

I haven't had huge issues with ankle support and no leaking, but after several hundred miles they are toast. Not unexpected for boots in that price range and the amount of abuse I put them through the last 3 seasons.

I got a pair of Crispi's last winter as a gift and while I definitely see the huge difference in stability and grip, I am having a really tough time breaking them in with the hard 'cup' around the heel. Going through a lot of Moleskin so far and may just have to go back to Pronghorns on a 3 year cycle.

Gellar

I got a pair of 400 gram 8” pronghorns circa 2001. Wore them hunting hard for 5 years no leaks. I loved them so I bought a pair of uninsulated 6” pronghorns for Archery and turkey hunting. They leaked the first year. I also got an 800 gram 8” that lasted one winter and leaked the second winter. The price went up too. I paid $99 bucks at a sale for my first pair. Now they are close to $200.
I don’t know what happened if they changed manufacturers or what but IMO they went from a great boot for the price to overpriced junk.

noharleyyet

Danners served me well up to the time I upgraded to Kenetrek & Lowa, both of which have proven a value for performance and longevity of hard use.

Boarmaster

They didnt fit my feet right. They where tough to get on and I didnt think they had enough materal in the tongue.
I hated mine and switched to Meindl. Happy now. My Cuzin bought some pronghorns about the same time I did and he really loves his. I wouldn't condemn all Danner boots based on the pronghorns.