Danner Boots

mrmedora

Looking to buy a pair of boots tonight. I'm leaning towards the Danner Pronghorn 800G. Interested to hear yea's and ney's. Really don't want to spend more than $200. Thanks fellas.

I always used danners until about a year ago. I bought a pair of the meindls at cabelas, I believe they are called Ibex, for under 200, and have been extremely happy with them. I am usually pretty hard on boots and they seem to hold up well, and are very comfortable!! Hope that helps.

I've got the 'older' Pronghorns and love 'em...You'll get hit and miss reviews on 'em, but it comes down to what you and your feet like the best...Another one ot look at that I really like is the Danner Insitgator.

I had 2 diffrent pairs of Danners, the second pair was sent in for repair twice, the second time they charged me $75 to fix them. Who knew that their air-bob soles are not warrented for use in rocky terrain.

They didn't last very long for me, a couple seasons each before they fell appart.

I switched to Meindls about 5-6 years ago after trying many others, now have 2 pair, Perfect Hikers, and Denali's. The perfect Hikers have some serrious miles on them and haven't shown any signs of falling appart yet.

That said... my favorite boot that I've ever worn was made by Red Wing but they stopped making them about 8-9 years ago when they sold out to the Chinese.

My only advice on boots is this... The fewer the number of seams, the long the life of the boot. I will never buy another pair of half leather, half nylon boots ever again.

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/iri...r/4801-irish-setter-mens-tamarack-bean-calico

Was very happy with my old Meindl's but they discountinued the style I had and the reviews on the new Ibex kind of turned me away. These Setter's are very comfortable with little break in at all. No leaks as of yet with a few creek crossings on the weekend hikes. Will give them a good work out this November. Cannot go wrong with the Meindl's they just did'nt have the style I like and the new Danner Pronghorn's I heard have leak problems. JMO.

I wouldn't buy Danner unless you went with the more expensive US made ones. I've heard horrible reports on the pronghorns.

I think the Meindls are as nice of a boot as the US made Danners, and a lot cheaper, but they just won't fit a narrow foot at all.

I've had a pair of Pronghorns for several years now. I wear them for birds, antelope, etc. Mine are super comfortable and have held up great. I will buy another pair for my light hunting trips when these finally wear out.

I wouldn't wear them in steep terrain, heavy loads, etc.. I stick with my Lowas for that. Just my opinion though.

I went through the Danner phase. Now it is Kenetrek for my field work and SheepHunters for hunting.

Back