Boots that don’t leak.

Southern Elk

I’ve worn Schnees beartooth boots for several years and love the way they fit. I’ve had 2 pair and I’ve never been able to keep my feet dry. They always leak even after treating them with wax. Can anyone recommend boots that don’t leak? I’m looking to buy a new pair this year.

I've had good luck with Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers. I've used them in the Coast Range in Oregon for blacktail deer and have had days where it's been pouring rain and cold. The exterior of the boots were absolutely soaked, but my feet were dry and warm all day long. They are a little on the narrow side, so I have to be wise on which socks I wear.

I've heard their Mountian Extremes are pretty good for cold weather.

You sure its a leak? My feet sweat a ton and initially i thought it was boots later i realized it was easy to fix with right boots and socks and trying to manage foot moisture. Just a thought, schnees are good boots.

You sure its a leak? My feet sweat a ton and initially i thought it was boots later i realized it was easy to fix with right boots and socks and trying to manage foot moisture. Just a thought, schnees are good boots.
Yes, I’m sure. I have to wring out my socks after hiking in wet grass. I love the boots, but I won’t buy another pair.

I have a 14-year-old set of Kenetreks they never leaked I had them rebuilt by them two years ago and now If I stand in water over my ankles after an hour or two my socks seem a little damp, but never "Wet"

I’d never seen this one. But this is how I waterproof. It blows my mind how many people old and young, that tell me I’m an idiot when I say get your 500 dollar boots soaked before waterproofing. It works!

Literally stood in a lake wearing some crispis. 2nd pair that never leaked. Meindl’s also have never let me down even after a decade using the same boots. All boots are very well conditioned before use and again during/after every season. Both boots are full leather too, Im not the biggest fan of synthetics due to durability.

Shnees will take them back if they leak within the first year. I used that warranty on 3 pairs before my 4th finally didn’t leak. That pair has lasted me 5 hard seasons.

Wax typically makes them weatherproof outside but no way for moisture to get out from sweat. Making you think they leak. I feel I ruined a pair of good boots doing it.

I shot an elk last year that rolled into a creek. with everything around it a marsh. i stood for an hour in the water or muck marsh with my Kennetrek Mountain guides and feet stayed dry.

Funny, my 2015 schnees leaked immediately.

My cabellas meindels from 2011 leaked less😆.

Scarpas have vastly outperformed the old absarokas. Buddy has lowas. He’s never complained since 2015.

I’ve worn Schnees beartooth boots for several years and love the way they fit. I’ve had 2 pair and I’ve never been able to keep my feet dry. They always leak even after treating them with wax. Can anyone recommend boots that don’t leak? I’m looking to buy a new pair this year.
The Zamberlan Outfitter GTX are the best boots I have ever had.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back