Crispi Guide GTX

Moeness

Uses: mainly Midwest whitetail, but planning a MT elk hunt next year, bow, mid Sept.

Went to Sportsman’s today and tried on some Crispis. Size 11, somewhat wide feet. I tried both the D (insulated) and EE (non insulated) sizes with lightweight Darn tough socks. They both fit fine with the wide a little more spacious. I’m kind of looking at it strictly from the MT elk hunt POV- Missoula valley and surrounding areas. Question is, do you want a little wiggle room in boots when going up/down and everywhere else in elk country terrain? Wouldn’t that lead to more damage since the foot has room to slide around, vs. a tighter fitting boot?

If the D will break in after some use I think the fit will be perfect. I don’t want to buy these boots just for this one elk hunt when I’m mostly in a tree in MN. But it would suck too if it’s blister city with the EE size when I do go. If there was a regular D non insulated pair, I’d buy it. My feet tend to sweat a bit. So it’s down to a regular fit or a EE wide but which one?

- Nevada GTX was nice. Somehow same size felt way tighter. The Guide just felt better.
- tried Lacrosse, Danner, couple other ones and they didn’t fit right.
-and it has to be Sportsman’s and what they have in stock and these were the two they had.

I had success using this method. I had never needed a wide boot but I was having trouble with sizing and followed this guide, suggesting the D width wasn't for me anymore. I've bought 2 pairs of crispis based on these measurements that have been great.

I say the Guides, it is what I use. I also vote dont support Sportsman's and buy somewhere else. :ROFLMAO:

If you have a gym you can go to, I would buy what you think is your best bet. Then walk in them a few times on a treadmill and do incline walking and Stairmaster. That way the soles and bottoms dont mark up or look used in case you need to bring them back.

I had success using this method. I had never needed a wide boot but I was having trouble with sizing and followed this guide, suggesting the D width wasn't for me anymore. I've bought 2 pairs of crispis based on these measurements that have been great.

Thanks. Good info. Going to try this so I can confirm the D size is what I need.

I say the Guides, it is what I use. I also vote dont support Sportsman's and buy somewhere else. :ROFLMAO:

If you have a gym you can go to, I would buy what you think is your best bet. Then walk in them a few times on a treadmill and do incline walking and Stairmaster. That way the soles and bottoms dont mark up or look used in case you need to bring them back.
I agree, and I would, but it’s gotta be there for a certain discount. Only reason!

I got the gtx last year on sale and put a lot of miles from pheasant hunting to WY elk hunt in the mountains. I was impressed with the comfort. I’ve had a lot of danner pronghorns over the years, and they take less time to break in, but the crispi’s get comfortable after some break in and feel really sturdy. I normally wear a D, but I have a bit wider than average feet and had to return the D’s I ordered and get a EE. Fit perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back