Damn childhood diseases

gouch

We always called it Hoof and Mouth disease, now they call it Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. Supposedly it is mostly children 5 and younger that get it. My oldest daughter, who is in her 40s got it and came over to visit. She told me she was past the stage where she was contagious. I think she was mistaken. Now I've got it. We are both well over the age of five. The sores on the hands are annoying as hell, the sores on the feet are worse because I have to walk on them, but the ones in the mouth are horrible. I can't even drown my sorrows in booze because the alcohol burns like a sumbitch.
hand.jpg
foot.jpg

I'm going through it right now. Didn't get the sores on the hands and feet, but the mouth/tongue are horrible! Daughter is only 8-months old and is bringing a bunch of stuff home from daycare. Two weeks ago it was pink eye, which I caught as well. Hoping its building both of our immune systems up. Hahahaha.

Not too long ago, our 2 boys ages 2 1/2 and 2 months at the time got HFM and my wife ended up getting it as well. She lost some fingernails and toenails and had blisters on hands and bottom of her feet. Was very painful. I was only one that did not get it.

Been there done that, and it sucks. Mine felt like I was walking on needles

Haven’t gotten the HF&M from the kids, but did somehow get shingles last summer. That sucked. Nurse Ratchet, a.k.a. Wifey, wouldn’t let me touch the boys until it cleared.

That sucks! Our 6 year old brought it home from preschool three years ago. I didn't have it as bad as you do, I just had it on my hands. The worst part for me was the sores under my finger nails made them brittle as hell for a couple months until they grew all the way out.

That stuffs nasty. Our son got it when he was 2 or 3. He hard red marks all over that eventually blistered and probably lasted a full month all in all. It was really bad.

My daughter and wife had it last month right during thanksgiving. The kiddo barely had any sign of it but it jacked my wife up, sores over her whole body and face. Then it peeled. I slept in the man cave for a week because she had that and the flu at the same time. I felt bad for her because she was going through the cancer scare at the same time and I quarantined her to the bedroom for a week.

Thinking of getting a shingles shot after reading this.
Another reason to avoid larvae...LOL How did my folks raise 6 kids?

My son had that last year. It looked miserable. About two months later his toenails started falling off. Weirdest thing. Hope you feel well soon.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back