Dam plan ignores salmon!

Ithaca 37

Do you think Idaho Power is committed to restoring salmon runs!
rolleyes.gif

"It has taken Idaho Power Co. 10 years and $45 million to prepare its final application to relicense its Hells Canyon dam complex, but environmental groups still say that the company has more work to do.
“Idaho Power gets an ´incomplete´ grade on its application,” said Connie Kelleher of American Rivers, a group that advocates protection of rivers.

“The company has a lot more work to do if it´s going to meet its obligation to protect public resources.”

“Idaho Power hasn´t done the studies that will tell us what needs to be done to make up for the dams´ impacts on the river and salmon.........."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/Story.asp?ID=49676

As posted by the GRINNER:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I think I'll stay with cheap, affordable, safe power from the good people at Idaho Power. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You very much.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> “Idaho Power gets an ´incomplete´ grade on its application,” said Connie Kelleher of American Rivers, a group that advocates protection of rivers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> “The company has a lot more work to do if it´s going to meet its obligation to protect public resources.” <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> “Idaho Power hasn´t done the studies that will tell us what needs to be done to make up for the dams´ impacts on the river and salmon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> “Before FERC gives Idaho Power another 30-year license to generate power at these dams, we need to have the facts and the science so we know how best to protect the river and its wildlife,” according to Kelleher. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Idaho Power officials, however, dismiss the group´s claims, saying they have provided more than adequate studies addressing the issues. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did I miss?
You want: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> cheap, affordable, safe power from the good people at Idaho Power. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
footinmouth.gif

And they don't want to play with the rest of the river kids.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-24-2003 09:14: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

Ten,

Keep reading buddy... It is good for you. And soon you will be able to have a reasonable opinion on the subject...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

If you read the details on the Hells Canyon license renewal, you will soon figure out how this license will be instrumental in getting the Lower Dams breached.
smile.gif
So, keep reading, and I bet you will even be able to figure it out...
tongue.gif

More readin', less postin'.....
elkgrin.gif

GRINNER, you just keep using all that "cheap, affordable, safe power from the good people at Idaho Power" at the expense of salmon, and posting how evil it is for other to do the same.
elkgrin.gif
elkgrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I doubt those dams will be breached soon. My money is on the construction of fish passages around or over the dams.

Keep readin' Ten.... Maybe you'll be able to figure it out. If you need help with the big words, let me know....
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

If fish passage/ladders were the answer, why weren't they installed anytime in the last 35 years????
rolleyes.gif

Don't you just love the irony of this place.

GRINNER, keep your dictionary handy, I know how much trouble you have with the big words some evenings. I'll elp you when I can, but you gotta be willing to accept different opinions.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
elkgrin.gif

Ten,

I noticed you didn't address the question on the passage/ladders and the last 30+ years. My guess is you realized how wrong you were...
biggrin.gif

And have you been able to figure out how the licenses in Hells Canyon to Idaho Power will help get the dams breached???

Keep reading, you'll get there...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

And hell, I'll even give you a hint...
shhh.gif
(Rapid River.... )

Asking me about fish ladders and passages in the last 35 years, is like saying the dams aren't a problem or they wouldn't have been built. It's a matter of engineering and want to.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Asking me about fish ladders and passages in the last 35 years, is like saying the dams aren't a problem or they wouldn't have been built. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love analogies, and often use them in my daily speech. I think they make for richer communication. But, I still don't know what you said here. I tried to read that 10 times. I tried adding commas or periods, even a semi-colon. It just doesn't read. I tried to add words, and it still doesn't make sense.

You made any progess on figuring out what the re-licensing will do to aid in breaching the dams?

I love analogies also. Someday it will come to you, just don't think so hard about it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

GRINNER, I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I think I'll stay with cheap, affordable, safe power from the good people at Idaho Power. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> “Idaho Power gets an ´incomplete´ grade on its application,” said Connie Kelleher of American Rivers, a group that advocates protection of rivers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Idaho Power officials, however, dismiss the group´s claims, saying they have provided more than adequate studies addressing the issues. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I think I'll stay with cheap, affordable, safe power from the good people at Idaho Power.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
elkgrin.gif

Ummmmm... Gee,,, ummm.... Sure Ten....

I think I understand... I couldn't have said it better myself.....
rolleyes.gif

And I think I figured out your analogy,.... asking you about fish passage is the same as asking a Cuban about Icebergs....
biggrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back