Dad's Ohio whooper

Sure You didn't pluck Your nose hairs and Glue them on the Bird? LOL. Kinda thin But they count. We don't see them out west. Congrats. .............BOB!

Also out west we don't get to hunt farms, we hunt mtns. for them. Last week in New Mexico I was 45 miles from the nearest little town . Not down playing Your Bird ,just telling You how lucky You guys are to hunt your farm or families farm. On the other hand we get scenery...............BOB!

Also out west we don't get to hunt farms, we hunt mtns. for them. Last week in New Mexico I was 45 miles from the nearest little town . Not down playing Your Bird ,just telling You how lucky You guys are to hunt your farm or families farm. On the other hand we get scenery...............BOB!

This is a woods bird, about 2.5 miles back in the Appalachian foothills. We very rarely hunt farmland because it is all leased. No one wants to hunt the hills cause they don't like to walk too far around here.

This is a woods bird, about 2.5 miles back in the Appalachian foothills. We very rarely hunt farmland because it is all leased. No one wants to hunt the hills cause they don't like to walk too far around here.
Those are the best kind of Easterns. Congrats to your dad!

Great for You Guys . I came From Erie ,PA. and moved to AZ. when I was 21 in 1977. I have hunted Farms back there. Not My cup of tee. Didn't know you had some hills to get away. Thats Great. at allmost 64 I just spent 8 days in New Mexico to get away from 5 Million people here in Phoenix. Am going to the White Mtns. of Az., at 8 to 9K feet same as I was in New Mexico. .Enjoy it while You are Young My friend as I can tell You it gets tough to get around at Elevation at my age. I have a Niece in Cinncy. Is that close to You? She loves it , but then again She grew up in Erie too. They used to call it Dreary Erie ,the mistake on the Lake Most of My friends from there that were real successful left and did it elswhere.................BOB!

Great for You Guys . I came From Erie ,PA. and moved to AZ. when I was 21 in 1977. I have hunted Farms back there. Not My cup of tee. Didn't know you had some hills to get away. Thats Great. at allmost 64 I just spent 8 days in New Mexico to get away from 5 Million people here in Phoenix. Am going to the White Mtns. of Az., at 8 to 9K feet same as I was in New Mexico. .Enjoy it while You are Young My friend as I can tell You it gets tough to get around at Elevation at my age. I have a Niece in Cinncy. Is that close to You? She loves it , but then again She grew up in Erie too. They used to call it Dreary Erie ,the mistake on the Lake Most of My friends from there that were real successful left and did it elswhere.................BOB!
I live about 50 miles south east of Cincinnati. Dad lives east of me. We hunt primarily Adams and Scioto county. Tough birds in tough country. The elevations aren't there to contend with but the hills are steep and deep. We actually have a few wilderness areas we hunt on state land. They are small compared to western wilderness, about 10K acres, but there aren't any roads or anything. We are fortunate enough to know the owner of a large logging outfit, so we get permission from them to hunt their land too. Big timber type land. Dad is 74. I hope I'm still doing what he does when I'm his age. I don't like cities and avoid them as much as possible. Farmland hunting is ok but I way prefer chasing them in the hills.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back