MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dad's NW Montana Moose.

Goldtip

Spent the last ten days over in my home area calling Moose for my Dad. Called in a wolf one day, came in to me cow moose calling, Dad had a tag and no bow, I had a bow and no tag, so Mr Wolfie got a pass. Called this bull in in the morning October 1st and took pics of him as Dad and bro had ridden into a basin on the horses. Dad thought he looked good enough so we went back that evening and I called him into a different end of the clear cut and Dad took him with a single shot of his 300 weatherby. Here is a couple before pictures......First is the first bull of the morning and then Mr drop tine came in.

Attachments

• DSC00670.jpg
    DSC00670.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 900
  • DSC00677.jpg
    DSC00677.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 859
  • DSC00679.jpg
    DSC00679.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:
You can see the flash in his eyes from the morning pics, it got dark and real rainy between Mr Broken paddle and Mr drop tine. Here is a couple of after pictures.

Attachments

• DSC00680.jpg
    DSC00680.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,058
  • DSC00681.jpg
    DSC00681.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 896
  • DSC00688.jpg
    DSC00688.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,126
Was undoubtedly the best hunting experience of my life calling in that bull for my Dad. We don't get near enough time to hunt together with me living in Washington, but I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Hope everyone has a great season, I know mine couldn't get any better!

Very nice, congrats! Looks like a dandy of a bull! I can only imagine what it feels like to look down at one of those and have to think, "How in the hell am I getting this home?"... ;)

Very cool. Getting a moose for your dad is a dream for most. Congrats to all on a great hunt and a great moose.

Great bull and story, pics to go with it. Congrats to you and your father - it's what life is all about!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Here is one more from when we dropped him at the Taxidermist, just shows how flat he lays out and his drop tine as well. Oh, Mom also ponied up with my bonus for getting Dad a great Moose, fresh huckleberry pie. Doesn't get better than that.

Attachments

• 2011 Moose 12.jpg
    2011 Moose 12.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 670
  • 2011 Moose 10.jpg
    2011 Moose 10.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 734
That is a sweet looking bull. Shiras hunting comes along way too rarely, looks like you made the absolute best of that tag.

Those are great pictures of a great bull moose! Congrats to you and your dad. The pie doesn't look to bad either.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back