Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Dad's 2004 Muley

berto

I spotted this buck opening morning but the best i could get was a 500 yd broadside shot so i passed.
dadsbuck1.jpg

i figured i could go after him a little later in the season, but one thing led to another and i hunted with friends and family everywhere BUT that area :(. anyway, i finally called my dad one evening during one of my hunting trips and told him that he had better get up there and pop that big buck before someone else did...he called me back the next evening and told me he had done it :eek: ! i am really happy for him because he has wanted a nice muley for his den for years, and he doesn't have too many hard-core hunting years left in that old bod of his so the timing was perfect :D. oh, i forgot to tell you that he shot it at 7am and got back to the road with it on his back at dark, so he earned it :) .

Congrats to your dad, that is quite a buck. With it on the wall, he will have years of great memories (although hauling it out for 10 hours might not be the best memory to have ;) ).

Man, that's a beaut! I'm sure you and your dad are very happy. Hey you can call me "Dad" if you'll show me a buck like that. :D

thanks much guys,

i gotta admit that since he took that buck, i have been wracking my brain trying to come up with another area i've hunted in the past that might hold another buck of that caliber at this point in the season and i keep coming up empty :eek: .

the good news is there is two weeks left in the season to keep looking!

nemont,
how has your season panned out?!?! i haven't been in touch with you for a couple weeks now...

and,
i don't doubt mtmiller already has 5 or 6 pick-ups following him around town just waiting for him to head south to his hunting grounds ;)

an update on this buck...i did a quick score on him last night and he's just over 180 gross, i don't have the net calculated yet...he has 23 inch main beams.

man, am i happy for my dad since this was a public land otc tag!

i have about 4 days of hunting left to find another buck like him, tho i'm not too optomistic given the masses that hunt muleys this point in the season...only time will tell.

later

Another dang nice muley........congrats to everyone involved and thanks for the pic

Back