Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cure for Buck Fever

WyoDoug

They need a cure for buck fever LOL. Every month I am spending money on hunting toys and every day or pretty much every day, I watch videos on hunting or meat processing or search for new sausage or jerky recipes.

Excitement is growing for Wyoming residents.
May 31 is deadline for resident apps.
June 20 is when draw results for residents become available.

I am hoping for really good luck on hunting this year because I barely got to hunt last year and have to give up hunting for either my wife's or my own health reasons. I am so fired up to get back into the field. I put in for cow elk and buying general tag over the counter, then two type 8 whitetail doe tags and buying general over the counter and then one type 1 plus two type 6 doe antelope tags. Man that would fill my freezer if I am lucky to draw everything and tag out.

"Presidential ambition is a disease which can only be cured by embalming fluid." -Estes Keauver

I definitely have a similar type of problem with "big game ambition"

Good luck in your draws @WyoDoug ! I've been shed hunting, fishing, turkey hunting, getting ready to go bear hunting next week. All just passing the time until fall, really.

It's hard not to wish away the spring and summer and all the fun things I can do in those seasons, just to get to the fall so I can get out with my bow again.

How can you have “buck” fever hunting cows and does? Haha

Because as a resident, I am buying general tags over the counter for elk and deer which will be bulls/bucks and my type 1 antelope tag I put in for is going to be used to get a nice buck I have been keeping an eye on when I go on FE Warren. I take every opportunity I can to get doe/cow tags because they are extra and the best meat for us meat eaters.

This time of year is extremely fun. I love the planning/buying of stuff for the hunt. I budget it out the rest of the year so when I finally get to pull the trigger it feels great. It will be here before ya know it!

If there is a cure I don't want it. Hunting and being outdoors is my greatest love. When I'm "out there" I am truly happy and free. Suppose to be heading to my lease next week with my hunting buddies to do some work and scouting.

Plus I'm planning a mule deer hunt in CO and escouting almost every day. That in itself is fun.

Reactions: LCH
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back