PEAX Equipment

Cummins Swapped Ford

KB_

Anybody have a cummins swapped Ford superduty? How do you like it? Im thinking after my v10 bites the dust (which may be awhile) i may do a zf6 and 12v cummins swap into the truck rather then buy a new truck.

I was wondering if anyone has a swap similar and their thoughts. Hard to get a non biased answer from the shop that would be doing the swap for me lol.

Not quite the same, but I have two friends with cummins swapped Fords.

One is 1974 crewcab that I think originally had a 360 and the other is a 1995 that had a tired 7.3.

They both talk positively of their swaps. With Destroked it sounds fairly easy.

Don’t have one, but it would be head and shoulders above that V10.
my V10 has been nothing but stone cold reliable. This is more when it eventually bites the dust or the transmission bites the dust. Usually when one goes tho the other will probably be following up in the near future. So its either new truck or just replace with the cummins and 6 speed since The truck is already exactly what I want. Otherwise 50k for a basic base model gas truck that has the capability's I need makes me sick.

start looking for your cummins now,,they are getting harder and more expensive to find//id go 94-97 p pumped 12 valve.
yea ive been looking, was hoping to find something at a reasonable price. Proving to be difficult. IM shocked that people think their 96 ram 2500 that is one pothole away from becoming one with the earth is worth 12k? wtf chuck.

I’ve also considered this with my 7.3. My debate is rebuild the 7.3 or swap something in at some point. Hypothetically, knock on wood, hopefully not soon.

Just curious how much do you think this swap would
Cost you?

if you can find a 12 valve cummins w p pump for 3-4 k id say you better grab it.maybe even 5 k now.///if you have a 7.3,,id recomend just rebuilding,,you can get 500k out of 7.3,s with proper care,,they do have thin cyl walls,,look out for coolant pitting on 7.3,s,,you may need to sleeve them.

I’ve also considered this with my 7.3. My debate is rebuild the 7.3 or swap something in at some point. Hypothetically, knock on wood, hopefully not soon.

Just curious how much do you think this swap would
Cost you?
Well, I was thinking of having the local diesel shop do the work. So that its done correctly haha. The Quote to me was 11k no including the doner and any extra parts. If I had to guess with a good doner and a built up Manual trans swap, that will cost me around 20k if I had to guess. Kinda steep but, cheaper then a brand new truck.

Your 7.3 is a perfectly good motor. If it does blow up eventually Id just put in a new 7.3 if you can find it. If I could put that 7.3 powerstroke in my 08 truck I would.

They can be great, but also the more you change, and especially the more someone changes for you, the more likely to discover those little issues popping up. Seems like it's always half way to that amazing tag you just drew...

My Cummins has 357k and while I can drive it anywhere (with tools in the back seat) I'm gonna give up and get a newer gasser. I just want to focus less on vehicles and more on hunting, pack trips and family. Just turn the key and go, not "what's that sight noise...."

I will miss it though. It's usually not the Cummins motor, but the shitty old dodge surrounding it. Although it's in the shop for it's first ever head gasket.

If you're not doing the swap, I'd be more hesitant since you won't know all the ins and outs to the new system. Just my two cents after pouring over spread sheets of what it costs to keep my stock diesel going with me doing %95 percent of the work myself.

If you have several trucks go for it, if you love tinkering go for it, but they do start to wear out eventually

They can be great, but also the more you change, and especially the more someone changes for you, the more likely to discover those little issues popping up. Seems like it's always half way to that amazing tag you just drew...

My Cummins has 357k and while I can drive it anywhere (with tools in the back seat) I'm gonna give up and get a newer gasser. I just want to focus less on vehicles and more on hunting, pack trips and family. Just turn the key and go, not "what's that sight noise...."

I will miss it though. It's usually not the Cummins motor, but the shitty old dodge surrounding it. Although it's in the shop for it's first ever head gasket.

If you're not doing the swap, I'd be more hesitant since you won't know all the ins and outs to the new system. Just my two cents after pouring over spread sheets of what it costs to keep my stock diesel going with me doing %95 percent of the work myself.

If you have several trucks go for it, if you love tinkering go for it, but they do start to wear out eventually

Glad you mentioned this. I might be better off with a newer truck and keep the ol thing around and do a swap myself. I came across a 97 for 6k with a parts truck included that had a good engine. Someone beat me to it.

People give me flack for not fixing my own stuff much anymore…

I drive a truck OTR.

When I’m gone, I got the stuff fixed that’s broke.

That way when I come home, I hook up to the camper and grab what I want and go enjoy my time off instead of turning wrenches.

Unless it’s something I deemed a “distraction” like making tank traps for PRS.

CC65F5DA-AE5B-4B65-AE27-18E23B4216B2.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back