Crow Template

What do you use crow decoys for? I'm guessing that you're hunting crows. Have you ever seen the flying decoys that jackite makes. Their blackbird decoy is about 10 bucks and looks like a flying crow that is hovering above you. I have thought about getting either a crow or bluejay kite to try as a decoy for calling in coyotes. Has anyone ever tried a flying decoy when calling coyotes?
http://www.jackite.com/
Blue%20Jay.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-18-2003 19:41: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
[qb]What do you use crow decoys for? I'm guessing that you're hunting crows.
Has anyone ever tried a flying decoy when calling coyotes?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug,
Primary use will be for crow calling and secondary consideration is coyote calling as a confidence decoy. The flying decoy has potential to focus attention away from my calling position. Throw in a fluffy prey object and the coyotes will probably just walk in and give up. Better throw in a little red wagon to haul all this gear to the field and the furs back out.
rolleyes.gif

Actually I'm looking at constructing a prey decoy approximate rabbit size from maribou.
Guys thanks for the help.
cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-19-2003 16:50: Message edited by: Quarter Round ]</font>

I've often had bluejays, crows, and hawks show up just before Mr. Coyote makes an appearance. At night, the owls come right in close also...sometimes too close. By the way, a wheelbarrow is the only way to go when hauling your junk to a stand.
wink.gif

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back