Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Crossing Colorado? Learn to love I-70 (now we're phucked)

That's a big detour! Will show another flaw in our road infrastructure. Should have closed it in winter to save a few of the roadkill that happen there

Looks like there's a dirt residential road that bypasses the lake city bridge to west side. Homeowners won't be happy.

Looks like there's a dirt residential road that bypasses the lake city bridge to west side. Homeowners won't be happy.
A serpentine series of interconnected county roads. Semis won't even try it, they'll redirect south to 160/Wolf Creek Pass or north to I70 Vail pass and either Eisenhower tunnel or Loveland Pass (for hazardous loads). Kebler Pass from Crested Butte to Paonia Reservoir/Delta CO is only open in the summer, doubt semis are allowed on that.

Traffic is already calming down here in Canon City. We're 150 miles from the closure, 50 is the main drag through the center of our town.

That bridge is 3/10 of a mile long, over 100 feet above the reservoir bottom. What will it take to replace it? Imagining a temporary floating pontoon bridge, wife said a ferry like the one in the original True Grit movie, filmed 10 miles from there:unsure:

A serpentine series of interconnected county roads. Semis won't even try it, they'll redirect south to 160/Wolf Creek Pass or north to I70 Vail pass and either Eisenhower tunnel or Loveland Pass (for hazardous loads). Kebler Pass from Crested Butte to Paonia Reservoir/Delta CO is only open in the summer, doubt semis are allowed on that.

Traffic is already calming down here in Canon City. We're 150 miles from the closure, 50 is the main drag through the center of our town.

That bridge is 3/10 of a mile long, over 100 feet above the reservoir bottom. What will it take to replace it? Imagining a temporary floating pontoon bridge, wife said a ferry like the one in the original True Grit movie, filmed 10 miles from there:unsure:
Feel sorry for businesses along that route, may be a tough summer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back