Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

crossbows in Colorado??

snite66

Hey guys,

I figured you guys could answer a question for me faster than I could research the info on the web since I hate searching. :)

I have a buddy that wants to go with me on my archery hunt this yearto Co. the trouble is, he is disabled in the neck and shoulder and can't draw a bow. he hunts with a crossbow here in Illinois with a medical allowance. I have heard that Co. doesn't allow crossbows, is this true? Do they make an allowance for medical?

Crossbows are allowed during the regular rifle season here. Colorado doesn't honor other state's disability paperwork. There is a form you can get off the DOW websight that must be filed with the DOW 30 days before the planned hunt to get a disability permit. I'm not sure if that will give you r friend the ability to use a crossbow. My best suggestion would be to call the DOW...303-297-1192

Thanks John,

I knew someone could lead me the right way before I could find it on my own. I suck at research. Thanks for the number also. I will give them a call.

Steve

Just got my crossbow permit recently from CO. The form is here:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdon...eRecreationAccommodationPermitApplication.pdf

Just have him and his Dr fill out the parts concerning crossbow/draw loc permit

As John said, most states will not honor your home state's permit. I therefore have valid permits in AZ, CO, UT, & SD in addition to MN. Just read the regs, each state is different as to whether you can use scopes, red-dot (illuminated or not) or just pins.

Thanks MNHunter,

This is one of my favorite things about this site, if you ask the info comes fast and it seems to be good info. Lots of help when a guy needs it. I printed the app off and am going to give it to my buddy on monday while we are Turkey hunting.

Thanks again.

My dad got his done a couple years ago it was not much just had to show doctors signing of disablity, spoke to a lady there that approved the premit, it can be done.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back