Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Crisis Explained

I just posted it on my facebook site, can't wait to see my college liberal friends go crazy, ha.

Great thread and I’ve passed it on to every one in my address book, including a number of Hunttalkers who don’t grace us with their presence any more due to the loser attitudes of a few on this board who have been allowed to chase good people away...

I didn’t understand as much about the bigger picture a few years ago and this article filled in a number of gaps I was missing...

I've been alluding to this problem for a number of years...

Mostly on home prices, going up faster than the economy could bear...

You can't keep 150K + + + home loans going out in an economy where the average house holds can honestly only afford 80K homes...

Especially on the volume of loans being perpetrated on people who couldn’t afford it...

It was great while it lasted, made a lot of people rich...

Nevertheless, it's time to pay the piper...

This has been the first time in recorded history people who should be renting have been consistently given loans on places that should have been far more modest in their trappings and they should've been renting...

There’s an awful lot of silence now on this topic by those very same people who resorted to name calling, brow beating, and such non sense to cover their own ignorance on this topic...

Of course, when the doom and gloom posts are made, there are those who will denounce the purveyor of bad news...Here’s me now on this topic to those individuals... :p

Of course the board would have been boring and I wouldn’t have done as much research to learn this topic to a deeper level, ironic if I may say so myself... :)

What a bunch of racist nonsense. To blame a lack of regulatory insight on people of color is Hate when the Republican party controlled the WhiteHouse for teh last 8 years and the Congress for 12 of the last 14 years and John McCain and his campaign staff took nearly $2.5 million from Fannie and Freddie.

The Video makes stupid claims in support of John McCain. It makes John McCain look like he attempted to prevent the crisis with his co-sponsoring of S.190 and blames the Democrats for blocking S.190. Problem is, the Senate was controlled by republicans in 2005. Problem is, the committee where S.190 was introduced was controlled by Republicans. Problem is, McCain did not co-sponsor S.190 until May of 2006, when the bill had been dead in a Republican controlled committee since 2005.

That video attempts to mislead the ignorant and tries to get the same to marshall their Hate by providing falsehoods, headlines, and incomplete sentences.

If you want to understand the crisis, go learn about it, but don't rely on Hate videos set to music. Pretend like you have a brain, pretend to use it.

There’s an awful lot of silence now on this topic by those very same people who resorted to name calling, brow beating, and such non sense to cover their own ignorance on this topic...

Ahhh....

One of them makes their presence known...

I'm glad I don't have to see what ever his response is as it is more than likely meaningless as most of his posts are...

I would bet, there's not one ounce of problem solving, insight or understanding in the last post, only name calling and conjecture as is his usual M.O.

What a waste... :(

Big Whore,

You don't get to be the CEO of Goldman Sachs without being the brightest guy in the room.

You are aware he has only been Treasury Secretary since late 2006? He was brought in to clean up the mess that Dubya created.

Why do you think he isn't bright?

If you really want to watch a video that you should remember when you step in and vote, watch this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69Qh0oF0E0

Only a minute and twenty two seconds.

The committee which blocked S.190 was 11 Republicans and 9 Democrats. It didn't take much to block it if the Dems went along party lines and a couple of "maverick" Repubs followed. Besides, with all the payoff to both parties from Freddie and Fannie, it is not hard to see. So it is false to completely blame the Dems for blocking S.190 - but they probably made up the majority of the votes opposing it. Can someone find the record of the committee's vote on it?

If a bill doesn't get out of committee, can the rest of the legislature vote on it?

Back