Crested Butte recommendations

nwihunter

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 8, 2015
Messages
795
Location
Valparaiso, IN
Hey guys, I just got into Crested Butte Colorado today for work and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for restaurants to try out or things to
see while I’m here. Going to be here for the next 10 days.
 
Eat breakfast at McGils, eat pizza at the Stash. Hike up Oh-Be-Joyful. If you’ve got binos and a spotter and want to go see elk and deer send me a PM and I’ll send you some spots.
 
  • Butte bagels!
  • If you do something epic a gut bomb breakfast at the Gas Cafe (or Power Stop if you're rolling through Gunny)
  • Figalicious and Mac Daddy at the Stash are my favorites
  • Beers at Eldo, Talk, and Kochevars
  • cocktails at Montanyas
  • ice cream at Third Bowl
  • fish the Taylor (or buy a lot of flies at Dragonfly Anglers to give you more specific beta)
  • Gothic (hike to the top or visit the town, it's where I got married)
  • Bike the Lower Loop (you can get this in before/after work)
 
I'd generally recommend avoiding Crested Butte.

It only serves to make one's life more miserable and depressing than it has to be when you realize that some people get to live in places like that and you, well.... you do not.
Man, you ain’t lying. It’s absolutely beautiful here. Took a ride after work and found a few critters. Kicking myself in the ass for not packing my binos.

IMG_2857.jpegIMG_2835.jpegIMG_2850.jpeg
 
Maybe. But it is Colorado. mtmuley

I love Colorado. Don’t live there, so I don’t know what that’s like, but it’s probably my favorite state to visit.

It’s close to Crested Butte (not sure how close via vehicle), but the Maroon Bells are one of the coolest places I’ve ever seen.
 
Last edited:
I love Colorado. Don’t live there, so I don’t know what that’s like, but it’s probably my favorite state to visit.

It’s close to Crested Butte (not sure how close via vehicle), but the Maroon Bells are one of the coolest places I’ve ever seen.
Geographically very close, by road it's a long way unless you drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle you hate over Schofield Pass. That and the pesky thing about getting a reservation, in advance, to see The Maroon Bells.
 
I'd generally recommend avoiding Crested Butte.

It only serves to make one's life more miserable and depressing than it has to be when you realize that some people get to live in places like that and you, well.... you do not.
Even the Buttians can no longer afford to live in their own town. Now Almont is a suburb. Vuck Fail.
 
Back
Top