Michaelr

it's long, but a good read click here

The best part of the article is Marvel whining
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
what a noober
rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Our worst grazing allotment is better than our best subdivision."
--Janette Kaiser, USFS
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
How true.

From Crapo:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> He blamed federal rules that don’t support collaboration and coordination. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Jon Marvel, executive director of Western Watersheds Project, objected to his group being excluded from the panels <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm...doesn't sound like true collaboration or coordination to me.

Mike, since you pointed out Marvel, I'd like you to tell me what is wrong with his statements?
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> He said the basic need for grazing is accountability of managers and field staff. He said they need performance standards and policy changes to allow permanent retirement of allotments. He added that part of accountability would be to have up to date allotment information available to the public <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find the idea of having just one biologist, so as to streamline things, disappointing. When is a second opinion bad?

I'd also like to get more info on the interpretation that the Homestead Act, or even which one, garanteed "they would have access to public lands to make a living."

I think this meetings are usefull and many good things were brought into the open. Problems from both sides were presented, now lets fix 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back