Coyotes m.o.l 11/05/05

SONG DOG

Went out this morning to an area that I have seen a coyote a couple times this past week in the mornings. I slipped in at almost day break. I did not set the JIB or the FX3 out from me. In the stand I was in I didn't want to draw any attention to me. I sat down in a small patch of weeds that was sticking out into a cornfield. I felt that if anything came in, it would be quick. I was right. I just turned the FX3 on (that was at my side) and then quickly turned it down(didn't even have my hand off the volume knob). There stood one at 150 yards. By its behaviour I knew there was another coyote. Then I get excited. The 1st dog acted like it might have noticed something out of the ordinary and started to 1/4 away and WACK, I let him have it. I instantly turned to the coyote pup distress. Then there comes #2. At a beline right at me. I just sat there with the AR pointing right at here. I let here get as close as I wanted . Which was around 40 yards. Then WACK, she drops and startes squealling and got up and ran about 30 yards out in front and then I noticed the #1 dog was moving and he took another WACK and it was OVER. I then turned my head back at the #2 dog she was up and running and I missed the running shot .
I went to where I first shot the #2 dog and didn't see any blood and went to the location she went afterwards and found it. NO BLOOD! I then went to the edge of the timber and walked it and finally found her tracks, and once again NO BLOOD. Well, I shot a double and only got one to show. Happiness far out ways the sad .
100_0299.jpg

100_0303.jpg

God Bless,

Song Dog

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back