Cow tag Nevada Unit 72 mid

jmustard

Hey everyone,
I grabbed a cow elk Unit 72 mid season tag. Anyone been to that area? THX

Do you have horses? If so go into the wilderness area. If not I would look at the north end, Slide Creek, Canyon Creek area. Or the east side, Camp Creek to T Creek area. I would also suggest calling the biologist, she is very helpful. Also scouting trips are a must. It's a very big area, with few roads and a lot of up. Have a good pack. It is amazing country, you'll have a great hunt.

As stated above, T creek
Draw cr. Saw a bunch of elk years ago scouting deer.
Good luck

Hunted that zone 2 years ago. Scout the area online as much as possible. Vast geography differences. Depending on the weather, they could be high or low. Mid season, I would bet on low (if there has been recent snowfall). Best of luck!!

For a cow tag I wouldn't venture into the Wilderness area unless you want to say you "Hunted, and Experienced the Jarbidge Wilderness", Big, Deep, and Rough!! there's enough easier accessible country in that unit that hold elk.

Thank you for all the info. I am not bringing horses and don't need to "notch my belt" saying I hunted the Jarbridge wilderness. I am just looking for a cow for a meat run. Any more info is always welcome!!!!

Keep an eye on the South Sugarloaf fire NDOW is recommending hunters to leave the area because the fire is pushing east towards Jarbidge
From Facebook 8/26/2018

Nevada Department of Wildlife

1 hr ·
Update on the Sugarloaf Fire burning in Northern Elko County: The USFS is now recommending hunters leave the Jarbidge area. Due to extreme wind, fire behavior and smoke, the fire is at times moving up to 10 MPH. This is now affecting hunters in 071 and 072. It is still too smoky for air suppression around much of the active fire. Please be safe and stay out of the area.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back