PEAX Equipment

Covid Poll question

Has the Covid 19 Pandemic altered my ability to apply for tags?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jmustard

Hey everyone, I am just curious how this has affected everyone and their ability to apply for hunts. Each state has costs and has had different economic impacts whether its jobs, furloughs, personal illness ect. I am in CA and I am an Emergency Department nurse. While my hospitals had ramped up a ton and prepped for the surge, we have not seen the impact that NYC has seen. That said, I am very fortunate to still be working and have the ability to apply as I want. Anyway, stay safe, follow the guidance and hopefully everyone has a great hunting season.

I predict many just put in for a point(s). This fiasco has taken an unbelievable financial toll.

I think many of the app deadlines occurred before the outbreak hit, further lots of people perceived an opportunity this year and so apps will actually rise.

Depending on how things play out, I predict 2021 apps will decline/ have a larger number for points only... especially if hunts this fall get impacted by the virus.

I think the casual hunters who typically don’t apply because they miss application deadlines due to being busy with other things along with not caring probably had time to do it this year from being at home.
I also think people are getting cabin fever and are looking for an escape/adventure this fall and some people probably haven’t burned up vacation this year so far. I know several guys who never apply for anything that are in on multiple states this year.

The only things that got messed up for me because of Covid is my spring turkey plans. Both in Colorado and Montana. We also lost out on this years HT bear hunt.

Not an application, but I DID miss out on a turkey hunt in NE..... :( Because, you know, turkey hunters are just piled up on each other (HUGE eye roll).

It didn't alter my ability. I did put in for just points but that is because I am planning a hunt to NY and amount of vacation time and overlapping seasons means just getting my NV points for many hunts. I did apply for tag draws for antlered and antlerless deer and antlerless elk. NY I will most likely have and antlered and antlerless deer tag along with a black bear tag.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back