Yeti GOBOX Collection

Covid-19 - Social Media sharing your 2020 hunts?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date

Is it a good idea to share a 2020 hunt on social media or is it encouraging "bad" behavior?

• Yes

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • It's ok if it's on private land

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • It's ok if it's local hunting/close to home

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 28227

As more states start to shut down hunts, and as I think about the upcoming turkey season wondering where everyone is at on this issue.

So as to not hurt the feelings of those who can’t hunt? No way, post em up. Especially if your pics could wind up in this thread, particularly under the “Praying for Tiny Bear”:

So as to not hurt the feelings of those who can’t hunt? No way, post em up. Especially if your pics could wind up in this thread, particularly under the “Praying for Tiny Bear”:

I was thinking more... encouraging people to do dumb stuff.

I think it could open a lot of frustration and comments on other platforms with the is that “essential” conversation and just overall stress and frustration people are dealing with. I think sharing it on here is completely different. Share away on HT.

if cpw isn't suspending my valid turkey tags and the state isn't saying i'm not allowed to go play on the public land i intend to hunt on, then no. to me, at that point, it's on cpw and the governor if what i did was bad optics

though, i did think to myself that if i do kill a turkey i probably won't post about it on instagram....

@Dsnow9 good point.

Also it's crazy the inconsistency between states, some are increasing opportunity some are closing it down completely.

1585847671295.png
1585847706986.png
1585847742398.png

I voted yes, but I wouldn't say it is a "good" thing, just something I am indifferent to.

Last night when my wife got home from work, I climbed a big hill that is BLM near my house to unwind.

In a few weeks I could do it with a gun in hand, and I could take a picture, and I don't see a problem with that.

The disease is spread through close contact with people, which the antithesis of what hunting is to me. I get the problems with interstate travel, hotels, restaurants, and stores. But I don't see the connection between dispersed use of public lands and exacerbating the situation in a meaningful way.

TLDR: If you hunt in your own neck of the woods and stay away from crowded areas, it is no factor.

I was thinking more... encouraging people to do dumb stuff.
I know, I was just trolling for some low entertainment. I think there is a certain subset of the population that will use anything as an excuse to do dumb/illegal shit. Seeing someone else’s social media post would just be the excuse of the day. If it wasn’t that, it’d be something else.

As of right now in Louisiana from the governor’s stay at home order:
“Engaging in outdoor activity, provided individuals maintain a distance of six feet from one another and abide by the 10 person limitation on gathering size” so hunting and fishing is still ok.

I haven’t been fishing on the boat this year and since I’m not on call this weekend we want to go. Problem is I need (not a want) some new gear which means a trip to Walmart or Academy since there are no small places around me. So much for social distancing...

If the launches are still open perhaps it is a better option to not promote on social media if it may lessen the degree of jackasses that could ruin it for everyone.

I know, I was just trolling for some low entertainment. I think there is a certain subset of the population that will use anything as an excuse to do dumb/illegal shit. Seeing someone else’s social media post would just be the excuse of the day. If it wasn’t that, it’d be something else.

Agreed... but also FOMO is real in my experience.

As long as you arent posting photos of you and your buddies hugging it out and high-fiving, I say go for it.

the idiots I see parking bumper to bumper at angling access spots are what will get outdoor activities shut down. I’m praying I can get out for turkeys and they don’t shut us down here in NY. The solitude and potential for freezer filling is much needed.

Reactions: Hem
I thought social media was for corgis.

giphy.gif

As with any post on social media about hunting, I think it depends almost entirely on how you do it. If the motivations are "pure" and the post acknowledges the tough times, then I think it could be incredibly uplifting. I'm planning on donating a good bit of my harvests this fall to those in need, assuming the hunts continue.

As long as you arent posting photos of you and your buddies hugging it out and high-fiving, I say go for it.

the idiots I see parking bumper to bumper at angling access spots are what will get outdoor activities shut down. I’m praying I can get out for turkeys and they don’t shut us down here in NY. The solitude and potential for freezer filling is much needed.
As far as I am concerned it is getting life sustaining materials. Food, fresh air, and therapy all fall under essential. Hopefully for everyone’s sake the public lands will stay open.

I think no matter what though, if your post on social media needs a description to explain why it was legal, close to home, on private land, etc... it’s probably not the right thing to post right now. Someone said recently, if you have to ask yourself the question the answer is probably no.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back