Cover yourself when buying online...

rjthehunter

With the recent matt0550 account getting hacked and scamming some people I figured I would throw this out so everyone else is extremely careful.

The username on Venmo that this scammer is under is @good-huntingss. It appears they are still using the account to scam people (based on their feed) I F'd up and didn't make the purchase protected. Some people will complain because there is like a 1-2% fee. If they're complaining about the little fee, they're a scammer.

The scammer is obviously knows hunting. They said their paypal account was shut down for selling a couple guns. Then proceeded to have actual conversation about hunting and optics. Hoping my $240 and a few others peoples money can be used as a learning lesson for others...

So does anyone have a Vortex Razor HD 4000 rangefinder for sale?

Sorry to hear. Lot's of scammers out there, and so many not even from the USA hitting people here as well.

Sorry to hear. Lot's of scammers out there, and so many not even from the USA hitting people here as well.
Myself along with everyone I'm sure gets the same phone calls all the time from middle easterners. Even messaging someone you can usually tell straight away they're up to no good by the broken English or the clear use of google translate. After reading through his comments on posts, I was convinced he was real. Whoever hacked his account knew pretty well what they were doing. I opened up a case with Venmo to hopefully put a stop to this guy. Supposedly no chance I'm getting the $ back. Not that big of a deal, but I don't want it to happen to anyone else.

Man, Sorry that happened.

I was about to reach out for the range finder myself, so it could have easily been me in your position.

I like paypal for the protection as long as you don't do friends and family...

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back