Couple MT Elk......

thecrittergitter

Well, once again, took my gun for a long walk and like most times, just can't find the particular bull i'm looking for. Am I walking too far? Not road hunting enough? :):) Was one of the neatest days i've ever had elk hunting, saw a record number of 22 bulls in one day! Saw lots of cows and spikes too. Snapped a couple pics of a few that i snuck into camera range of. The small group of bulls i snuck up to 50 yards of. Batteries went dead in the camera and so didn't get any other pics.....

Was a really cool day all in all except for not finding a big one....

Attachments

• Me in Snow small.JPG
    Me in Snow small.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 589
  • Group of cows small.jpg
    Group of cows small.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 589
  • Two bulls small.jpg
    Two bulls small.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 592
  • Three Bulls small.jpg
    Three Bulls small.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 585
  • Solo Bull small.JPG
    Solo Bull small.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 585
No pity from this guy....
Looks like a blast tracking through all that white fluffy crap.

Here is one for ya critter. This one had a huge top would go 330ish and he had a little brother with him that looked 300ish with 50 cows. I ran into them on public land while looking for a mule deer last week. Go figure I was tagged out. :):):) They ended up coming within 200 yards.. Pics were with cell phone and bino.

Attachments

• elk1.jpg
    elk1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 578
  • elk2.jpg
    elk2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 567
Wingman, if you could just tie that one up, i would be fine with 330:) Let me know which tree you have him tied to and ill bring your rope back to you:)

I couldn't even make it today, i must be a pansy. 15.6 gps miles the last two days in knee to thigh deep snow has just kicked my a$$........

Wingman, if you could just tie that one up, i would be fine with 330:) Let me know which tree you have him tied to and ill bring your rope back to you:)

I couldn't even make it today, i must be a pansy. 15.6 gps miles the last two days in knee to thigh deep snow has just kicked my a$$........

Too true; I had to hang up my gun this year after trapsing through that MT powder. Tough, tough hunting. :D

That's disgusting and wrong, I'm offended. :D

You hitting this road for this last week or staying around town?

Hitting the road. Gonna go see the family. If I get a buck early I might try and make it back down for some elk. I found what I'm guessing is a wintering area above the river near that place we've discussed. Never in my wildest dreams did I think there would be enough snow to push animals down there during hunting season though. I believe it might be possible now...

Hitting the road. Gonna go see the family. If I get a buck early I might try and make it back down for some elk. I found what I'm guessing is a wintering area above the river near that place we've discussed. Never in my wildest dreams did I think there would be enough snow to push animals down there during hunting season though. I believe it might be possible now...

Definitely possible now. A good friend of mine hunted upstream a ways early this week, and was in a foot of snow at the river. Was in cows but never got on a bull. He also cruised up the drainage you're talking about, and watched a 140 inch whitey pushing does around from the road. :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back