Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Couple firsts for me today

Chad Gus

After 29 years of hunting whitetails, i finally filled my buck tag on opening mourning of gun season. Now, it's not for lack of opportunity, but more a lack of desire to be tagged out so early, a miss and not having a good shot at a no doubt first day shooter. Well today it all came together, first i found a good buck, second he gave me a good shot and third, a forecast of 40 to 50 mph winds for the weekend made for an easy decision to pull the trigger. I sure do love South Dakota 20201114_093025.jpg

Not classic whitetail environment by Kansas standards. Congratulations on the opener success.

No matter what the weather was coming up or not wanting to be done hunting, that's a first day, first minute of light tag notcher for sure. Congratulations!

Good looking deer. Never complain about a first day tag punch. Unless it's for a mult-season draw. Been there, done that.

Nice buck! Knowing that you are from wisconsin when I started reading I was scratching my head a little bit. Then I scrolled down and saw the picture and the light went on. Thought you were talking about wisconsins gun opener.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back